Test results back and I'm bummed - update

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by justjanelle, Nov 2, 2007.

1. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I guess I shouldn't be, but I really, really hoped that I'd finally found the answer to my more than 15 years of strange symptoms -- especially after I saw the photos of the Lyme rash and realized I'd had something very like it before all the symptoms started in the first place.

I took the Igenex tests, and they were negative by both Igenex and CDC standards.

The thing I wondered about is that I had some Indeterminate results. There were 2 (*31 and **41) on the IGM and 4 (**31, **34, **39 and **83-93) on the IGG. The IGG also had **41++, 58++, and 66+.

I'm just trying to decide whether there's any possibility this might be Lyme, and follow-up with a Lyme doctor, or whether I should give it up and go back to the drawing board so to speak.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Best wishes,
    Janelle

[This Message was Edited on 11/05/2007]
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Your test have shown activity on the important lyme bands. Dont give this up yet!! You owe it to yourself to follow up these results with a LLMD.

My doctor thinks that IND shows lyme activity and is important. It could be that your immune response is poor and that is why you didn't get a stronger response. It's ironic that sicker people may show less bands because our immune systems are not responding to the illness and therefore produce less antibodies.

Please follow up with a LLMD.

Hugs,
    dar
  3. munch1958

munch1958 Member

I answered your post on the other board.

Hang in there! Now you know what it is and you can treat it.
  4. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

with a LLMD to follow up on these test results. And I feel very lucky that he can see me before the end of the month, so I should have some answers soon.

Thanks everyone!

Janelle
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

That's great. Waiting for an appointment can be frustrating.

Even 6 weeks is not too bad of a wait hotpepperfan. I'm so happy that you both are seeking LLMD treatment.

dar