Test Results

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by petfriend, Aug 1, 2003.

1. petfriend

petfriend New Member

Just got my test results back from the Dr. and she says my cholestrol and uric acid levels are high.
    She still is fighting me on labeling what I have and says it could be any number of things, but the treatment would be the same anyway?????
    Also, said she is waiting for two more tests to come back for Lupis (not too thrilled to hear that)
    So, anyway, I still continue to get worse, but don't know what I have.
    The Dr. has put me on 10mg amtryphaline to start to increase by weekly increments to 50mg. When I went to 20mg. I felt really dopey the next day and then feel better today. (but I still can't walk without extreme pain)
    I am also on 300mg Neurontin morning and night and Arthrotec 75/200 twice a day and then taking the usual supplements like glucosimine, calcium, potassium, multi- vitamin and Vitamin E.
    Anyway, doing the best I can to stay positive - I have also given my notice to quit my job because it's so high stress that I can't cope with it anymore. Gave them 3 month's notice and hope I can hold out until then. I want to start looking after me instead of everyone else.
    Hope you all have a nice weekend and feel well.
    Love - Irene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2003]
  2. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

GLAD YOU ARE DOING YOUR BEST TO STAY POSITIVE......BEST OF LUCK HANGING IN THERE FOR YOUR 3 MONTHS NOTICE...WILL DO MY BEST TO HAVE A NICE WEEKEND........ BUT I'M AFRAID I'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT FEELING WELL IS.... DOING MY BEST TO STAY POSITIVE....... TAKE CARE & BLESSINGS !!!!!!!!BILLCAMO. BE SURE YOU HAVE A NICE WEEKEND !!!!!!!!!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/01/2003]
  3. petfriend

petfriend New Member

Thanks for your concern. I hope you feel better soon too. I know it's hard to stay focused on being positive, but we have to because it's not good for us to let this stuff get us down. Scream, complain, and get mad, but don't feel depressed. I'm a firm believer that no matter how hard life is something good will come from it. Even if it's just that we learn to be stronger and fight these darn health problems we have.
    It's wonderful that we have sites like these to come to and share our feelings and support each other.
    I sincerely hope good things will come for you. Stay strong, Bill.
    I care - have a good weekend and do something nice for yourself.
    Petfriend :)
  4. FranWi

FranWi New Member

Did she do a thyroid test? If your cholestrol is high, she better be! Find out what your thyroid level is, that could really be throwing your whole body off.

Hope you can get the help you need with your pain/fatigue!

:)

Fran
  5. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I NEEDED THAT !!!!!!!!! ALWAYS DOING MY BEST TO FEEL & BE POSITIVE........BILLCAMO. THAT'S THE GOOD NEWS..... BAD NEWS..... I'M NOT PERFECT....... BELIEVE ME.... I DON'T FEEL LONESOME...... HONEST PEOPLE WILL ADMIT THAT....
    [This Message was Edited on 08/02/2003]