Tested positive for lupus

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by emah, Mar 7, 2012.

1. emah

emah Member

I had some blood work done by my rheumatologist. I was told that I tested positive for lupus but that I didn't have lupus. Another dr. told me that I had the antibodies. So I am sorta confused. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what that means.

I posted this on the lupus board too but there didn't seem to be much activity.

Have a pain free day. :)
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I had a positive speckled ANA, but I do not have lupus.

I don't know what tests you had done, but many people who have chronic untreated infections such as Borrelia burgdorferi (Lyme disease) have abnormal ANA results because it is an inflammatory marker.

Mine has gone down considerably with long term antibiotics for Lyme treatment.
  3. spacee

spacee Member

I, for one, have tested positive to Lupus since my middle 30's. Age 62.

The patterns would change from test to test. Nothing conclusive.

Now age 62 and positive for Sjogren's instead of Lupus.

Seems to me that a lot of docs are very hesitant to tell someone they have
    Lupus without other clues (symptoms) cause Lupus is so tricky to diagnose.

Do you have the butterfly rash? (On your face,across the nose on both cheeks?

Mine went down too with the treatment of Doxycycline but not sure if it would have gone down on it's own, which it does (for me).

4. emah

emah Member

I do not have any of the symptoms other than the blood test. So I dunno. It just seems sometimes I go in to the dr for one thing and come out of the drs office with an additional diagnosis.

I am in pain 24/7 and even pain seems to find new places inhabit in my body. Well I will just believe I do not have it as it is against my religion. :)

Thanx again for the time you spent to reply. It is appreciated.
  5. spacee

spacee Member

So many docs don't 'believe in" CFS/FM.

We can choose not to "believe in" their tests!

Can I get an Amen! :)

6. emah

emah Member

Amen & Amen!
  7. emah

emah Member

Believing only in those things and/or people that help us is my new mantra.
  8. emah

emah Member

Thank you all for your responses and sharing a part of your life with me. I am glad that it seems something I wrote brought smiles. I believe that we are just a group of people with very special abilities. Lovin' you all bunches.

Have a pain free week!