Testing for parasites in the UK?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zoster, Jan 15, 2008.

1. zoster

zoster New Member

I was wondering if anyone in the UK has had testing for Parasite infections? I'm looking into getting tested, not sure which is the best test - has anyone had positive results of parasite infection?

I recently had testing showing malabsortion, which fits with my low mineral status and low amino acid levels which were also found. Parasites can be a cause of low nurients so thought it would be a good idea to get checked.

Best wishes everyone,
    Love Z
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I just assume I have them and do a cleanse every six months. If you eat fruit, meat, eat in restaurants or have pets, changes are you have parasites. Just about everyone has them.

I do a clease called humaworm. It works great. Google for info.
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

hi zoster

i recall one person posting about parasite etc testing in the uk but cannot remember who it was. tests are not 100% reliable, and i'm on a tight budget, i preferred to spend my money on what i felt would work for me.

my history, and previous test results, indicated they would be a strong possibility. when i treated my leaky gut etc i cycled alternative anti microbials that would treat bacteria, viruses, yeasts and parasite. took a long time but it paid off.

tc, tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 01/17/2008]
  4. skikat

skikat New Member

hi, this is very interesting to me as i have many bowell obstructions. so, last night i typed into web search-"photos of human parasites".

my gosh, did i get photos of all kinds and information along with them

1 it almost mad me sick to see them. but it is very informative. please, if you have not seen them, go to the site and type it in. be sure you get the photos! good luck, and dont eat anything first! lol -ski-
  5. zoster

zoster New Member

Thanks everyone for your advice, I am so very tempted to just treat incase of infection, it'll work out much cheaper - although a big part of me wants to know what is wrong with me and what pathogens may be causing it.

Probably this is a result of so much bad press about it all being in the mind, I'd like to have documented proof so to say. My other thought is that if natural treatments fail I'll know whether something is there and can use pharma if needed.

My plan of action, I think, will be to get tested and even if negative, treat anyway to see if I get any improvement.

Tansy - how are you doing after the treatments with antimicrobials, have you had much improvement in your symptoms? Are you almost recovered now? I've had ME for over 11 years now without any improvement - how much headway are you making, it sounds as though you have come a very long way. I always love to hear how much people are improving.

Very best wishes to you all.
    Love z

[This Message was Edited on 01/19/2008]
  6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Dr Wright in Bolton does parasite & viral testing using a veterinary microscope - he sends out a thumb prick blood test for you to post back to him.
  7. daftlass

daftlass New Member

I noticed Dr Wright at Bolton lancashire was mentioned in the last message.
    I have been seeing him for 6 months now.He treats with his own protocol which is large doses of antibiotics,Boy has it helped me.
    He does a blood microscopy and looks for various worms,parasites etc.
    He is very involved in work for CFS,and spends time in the US at various conferences.Top man in my opinion.
    I am all for treating the cause and not just the symptoms,he has been the only person that has really helped me.
    If you live in his region i think you can see him on the NHS but otherwise he is private.Well worth every penny though.
    Best wishes all