Testing signatures and such. Please ignore unless you want to test too :p

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback, Questions & Suggestions' started by Soul*, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Hi I'm just trying to find a way to fix my font size so created
  2. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Hmmmm I guess this doesn't work :confused:
  3. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I'm sure there must be a way, just don't know how yet. Will save so much energy in the long run though... to be continued...
  4. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

If anyone happens to know the code for the base font I'd much appreciate it.
  5. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Soul,

You can change the font size or font family by using the drop down menu beside "Font Family" or "Font Size" when you are creating a new post.

If you are editing a post, you will have to highlight your text first and then change the font size or family with the drop down menu.
  6. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Thanks Nanie, I know about the drop down but is there a way to fix it so I don't have to do it each post? Every little bit of energy I can save is worth a lot. Also saves on clicking pains.

Just like we can set our signature to a default font I'd like to set my message font to a fixed font too. Is'nt there a place on the forum settings somewhere where I can change the default font for messages so it stays that way?
  7. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Member

Soul*, as far as I know, you can't change the default font settings permanently. You have to do it each time you post a new message.
  8. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Thanks TigerLilea. To bad. It is quite a strain on the muscles and the default font is hard to read for me. Sometimes forums let you code something in the signature files that will change the default font too but I wouldn't know what coding to use.

I guess I'll just have to remind myself not to try and set the font until the entire message is done. Then it won't switch on and off within one message and at least I have to do it only once per message.
  9. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

I found a solution, have to use a different browser though. Firefox let's you set the default font for websites so it will override the website fonts. Will put the info in my signature for those who also have problems with the font.
  10. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

Hmmm not solved yet after all. Firefox has other problems that it is overall blurry and fuzzy. So will have to dive into the user.css for Opera after all. To be continued. Gonna remove my signature all together since firefox is literally giving me a headache. This is what it said if others want to try anyways:
    Have a hard time reading the font of this forum? Firefox browser will let you change it.
    Click the orange Firefox button then go to options/options/content/advanced.
    Uncheck allow pages to use their own fonts and click OK, Set your default font and click OK again.
    Now the whole forum will be in your preferred font.
  11. Soul*

Soul* Active Member

For those looking for a solution for Opera. I got it to work in Opera too. It's a bit technical. You have to make a text document that you save as .css and in it you have to put the text;
    * { font-size: 24px!important; font-family: arial!important; }
    Of course you can pick any font size and family you want. It does mess up the green and blue menu bars but it will you show you all text in the format that YOU defined. After making the .css you go to tools/quickmenu/edit site preferences and you can pick the css file you want to use for this site. Once again, this is only for Opera, I don't know about other browsers. Previous post is about Firefox if that is what you are using.