Tests I should ask for

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bren2135, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. Bren2135

    Bren2135 New Member

    Hi Friends, I need your advice...

    In the next couple weeks, I will see my PCP, GI, and FM doctor.

    I suspect there's more than FM going on. (Recent flares, too much pain.)

    What blood tests should I make sure they order? I tested negative for RA, about a year ago. How often should that be rechecked?

    Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!
  2. StephieBee

    StephieBee New Member

    The Rheumy that dx'd me ordered test for every arthritic disease. He also tested for the 18 Tender points on your body. If you have atleast 11 of the 18, then it is Fibro.

    I am not sure if they test for Lyme, but if you could possibly have CFS, I would ask for a Lyme test...I believe the best one is called Igenex. I think it is the most accurate.

    Hope this helps.

    Take Care,