Tetanus injections

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm due to have a tentanus injection and wonder if anyone has had any adverse affects from one.

2. cordy250

cordy250 Member

I have had a sore arm and a slight fever, but nothing serious.

I wouldn't dream of going without, though. I have seen a few animals die of tetanus here on the farm. I wouldn't sacrifice a life saving injection because of possible side effects unless you have a particular reason to think that you have allergies to any of the components.

It's always a calculated risk as is any vaccination, but as I said, in my case, living on a farm and working with animals, it's well worth the risk.The shot may or may not affect you adversely. Tetanus will kill you.
  3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

My functional medicine doc doesn't want me to have a tetanus shot. She would rather I have tetanus then get vaccinated.

No vaccinations of any kind. (other docs have told me this as well).

4. simonedb

simonedb Member

if you get the shot make sure you request it without mercury and aluminum etc
    they make less toxic immunizations for kids now but sometimesthey give the adults the "bad" kind

marti, is your doc a mainstream doc? that bums me out that I got the vaccination, I wasnt thinking when I agreed to it....
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

My GP tried to persuade me to have this shot years ago and I refused then on the grounds it could make my ME worse; I had already had some adverse reactions to immmunisation. Having spent half my childhood living overseas I had had more shots than my peers. The immunisations I reacted to were in Dr Shepherd's list of shots that have the potential to trigger ME/CFS or make it worse.

Here's what Dr Shepherd has to say "tetanus vaccine can produce side effects in healthy people and may well cause CFS patients to relapse. The pros and cons need to be carefully considered as tetanus vaccine has been reported to precipitate CFS."

tc, Tansy

6. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

Just my .02 but I would never refuse a vaccine. The choice of side effects over possible death outweigh it for me right there. Even the possibility of getting worse is outweighed by the possibility of a preventable death.

I just immigrated to the US (going on 4.5 years now) and as part of my immigration I had to receive vaccines, you are NOT allowed to refuse these vaccines on any grounds or Homeland Security will deny your application to immigrate. Being with my husband is more important to me than the possible but unlikely repercussions as well.

Like I said this is only my .02 but think very carefully about refusing vaccines...I am not talking about a flu shot here I am talking about vaccines that without them you could contract something deadly.
  7. Bxteacher

Bxteacher Member

I had one today. My arm is sore tonight, but that is all so far. My internist felt strongly I should have one.