Tetanus injections

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rosiebud, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I'm 8 years overdue for my 'ten year' tetanus injection.

Anyone still have them and have you had any bad effects?

2. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

Read my story above about the river rescue. I had the tetanus shot in the ER for a head wound (another story)in 2003.

Being in the dirty river, I was glad I had the shot, just in case. The only problem I ever had was that the injection site was sore for a week.
  3. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

While getting ready to move about 3 years ago I was stuffing my cat in his carrier and his back claw caught me and gashed open my finger.

We were so busy getting ready for the movers and trying to move as much stuff as we could (to save money) that I didn't go to the doctor until the next day. Of course I was scolded for not coming in the day before as the gash should have had stitches and it was now too late for them to do it.

Well, to make a long story short (if it's not too late already) I had to have a tetanus booster since it had been over 10 years since my last one.

As Kelly said in her response, my arm was also sore for a number of days but that was the only problem I had from the shot.

Basically I'd say you're better off staying up-to-date because you just never know when something will happen.

4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Kelly and Nancy

think I'll go ahead, thanks for the advice.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How could you possibly know when you last had a tetanus shot?

The standard dialogue in the Emergency Room goes like this.

Nurse: When did you last have a tetanus shot?

Patient: I dunno.

Nurse: Well, we'd better give you one to be safe.

Do people have trouble with tetanus shots? I never have.
    I would think you would especially want to have one as Scotland is full of historic weapons w/ bizarre names.

If you get hit over the head w/ a highlander's balkestrade you will really wish you'd had your tetanus shot. You don't wanna get kilt, do ya?

6. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I had to phone doctor to find out - I am 8 YEARS overdue - it was Tom who asked when I'd had my last one and I didn't know.

You're right with all those wild, kilted, hairy men about waving their swords and scabbards I might get a rusty cut.

Watched some of the pipe band world championships taking place in Glasgow last weekend (watched on tv) - my goodness but the skirl of the pipes puts the shivers up my spine and the hair stand on the back of my neck - even after 58 years!!

7. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

my mother passed away, that's the only way I would know. It was on the Easter Day before she passed. I am not good with remembering things like that either.