Tetanus vaccine or not?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by springrose22, Apr 4, 2009.

1. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I got a cut on my finger and am wondering if I should get a tetanus vaccine or not. The flu shot definitely contributed to my becoming ill with ME. Many experts on the matter will suggest not getting flu shots if you have ME. On the other hand, I don't want to get tetanus either. Any ideas? Marie
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

if it was rusty, and you haven't had tetanus vaccine in more than 10 yrs, you should get one....I am generally opposed to vaccines, esp for us, but that one hasn't been shown to be a problem, and I had one a few yrs ago (when I already had ME and fibro) and I am really sensitive to a lot of things and it didn't cause me any problems....but we are all different.....if the cut was on something that isn't a high risk for tetanus, though, then you probably don't need it
  3. slowdreamer

slowdreamer New Member

Hi Springrose,
    Please have a careful look at the research on this..I believe (Think it was Tetanus) which is implicated in people crashing with CFS after the 10 yrly injection...In my assessment?Diagnosis for disability it was a critical question.