TF Reaction!?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cisasnaps, Oct 16, 2011.

1. cisasnaps

cisasnaps Member

I started TF two days ago, one pill each morning. Yesterday was rough, thought it was a setback, it's been one struggle the past two months but was feeling better. Today, I am on the couch typing this amid waves of profuse sweating, extreme shakiness, nausea and some dizziness. My legs tremble when i get up. Can anyone tell me if this could be a die off reaction? I didn't even attribute it until today and won't know until tomorrow! Did you start really slow, like putting a small amount from the capsule for a while and build up?
    Any help would be appreciated, this is downright scary!
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

Mikie posted a little about her experiences with transfer factor purging a little while ago.

The link to the post is

I hope you get some relief soon.
  3. spacee

spacee Member

Mikie has written about it. And Rich Carson who owns this site says be careful taking them
    cause "they can pack a wallop".

Might even open the capsule and put a little under the tongue, then space it a day inbetween.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Could be one of two things. After only two capsules, it's most likely your immune system waking up and getting read to make war on pathogens. If there was a big dieoff already, it would explain the nausea and sweating. Usually, diarrhea is part of this purging and, for me, is the hallmark of the Herx-like reaction to the dieoff.

I had to start out by sprinkling only a bit of the powder under my tongue (tastes nasty). TF's are soooo much more effective than most ABX or AV's that we can have some pretty harsh reactions; however, that means the TF's are working. Just go slowly. You can alternate days on them if it makes it easier. Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  5. cisasnaps

cisasnaps Member

I question that it was the colostrum. it was much more a very severe neurological reaction... First, the waves of sweat that last a more than 15 minutes. Very weak, and it progressed until I really thought I was going to have a seizure or die.It was like my brain was misfiring a million miles an hour, my musclese were contracting (but you couldn't see them twitching) and i was very, very weak. Now, I've had this 18 years and I don't say that easily or lightly. I knew it was something with my brain so I took my sleep med at about 6pm and it stopped it. I remember years ago, in the beginning, I would take my Ambien and the pain, the nauseau, the horrible weakness and malaise would lift. I don't mean I was going to run a marathon, but that was literally the only time of day I could eat, once it started working. Somehow, that has to be a clue. i used to get 24/7 headaches and a neurologist in DC told me he prescribed Ambien for brain pain after surgery and I told him it was my experience it relieved it. He suggested I take about 10 pills a day. I declined but there has to be information in there. I am looking for information to bring my GP about lamictal. I asked him about a low dose of Klonopin, to have during the day if it happened (and it started to) and told him I had read about Lamictal being helpful... Does anyone have a link to some info I can print out? I'm only finding patient snippets...
    Thanks so much, I really think it was a fluke that happened when I tried the colostrum, tho I will be sprinkling a bit at a time thank you very much!!