Thank you all for praying.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bandwoman, Oct 9, 2006.

1. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say thanks for the prayers for my trip downstate to celebrate my mom's birthday. I did leave on Friday morning and I had a great trip downstate. I didn't get sleepy at all. PTL. It was a gorgeous weekend and we had her birthday celebration outside with a fire and it was so nice. My niece got to come from Iowa and my nephew was there at my sister's house. My mom had a great time. In fact I had to pull HER away at 11PM and say don't you think it's time we went home. She has more energy than I do! LOL My cat always goes with me and she is the one who had some difficulty. She is going to be 15 yrs old next month and she got stressed on the way there. Her system got all messed up so she could use some prayers. She is a blue point Himalyan. She is gorgeous but of course I am NOT biased. I will post a pic of her some time. I hope you are all enjoying this fall. In Illinois we have had some great weather. Take care and thanks again for your prayers. God is good!

Love,
    Nancy
  2. MamaR

MamaR New Member

Will ask God to keep His hand of protection over you...and your kitty.
    I hope that you have a wonderful visit!!

Love....Mari

You see......Fibro brain! You are back! Glad that you had a nice time (-:

Can't wait to see your kitty. Did you see my Tehya? She is my baby.[This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I am so glad you had a decent trip and are home again safely. Praise.
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

and that you had a good time.Linda
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

I am so glad that you had a good trip and made it there and back safely.

I will say a prayer for your "little girl".

We are having a wonderful fall up here in Ontario too. The weather has been beautiful enough to sit out and enjoy the fall colours.

Welcome home.

(((HUGS)))Pepper
  6. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Don't feel bad. Half the time I don't know whether I am coming or going either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

Your cat is a beauty!

Love,
    Nancy
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Did you feel your ears burning this weekend. I was telling my mom about you. My mom is also a piano player. She plays a lot by ear. What is amazing about her is that due to a horrible car accident when she was only 9 she has only three fingers on her right had but you would never know that to hear her play. Can you imagine that? The organist at my mom's church recently retired and he is in his mid 90's. He played quite well clear up to the end of his career. Hope you had a good weekend. How is the weather in NY these days. I think it will be getting chilly very soon.

Love,
    Nancy
  8. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I hope you soaking up that California sun. I will be very envious of that in a few months. Take care.

Love,
    Nancy
  9. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am so glad things are looking up for you. I saw where your insurance reversed their decision about your treatments. That is such great news. Now I hope you will start to feel better after getting back to those treatments. They sound interesting. I have never had anything like that. I wonder if chiropractors do that sort of thing. I am still praying for you. Are you over your sickness? I had three of my band students go home sick today. The crud is going around for sure. You take care.

PS Mindy seems better today. I am so relieved. She is like my child of almost 15 years. Thanks for your prayers.

Love,
    Nancy
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I'm so glad that Mindy is feeling better. I had a rough time on Friday being with my sister as she had her precious Sesame put down. I was still sick but couldn't let my dear sister be alone for this. That was all I could think of when you told us that your gorgeous cat was not doing well. I am glad that she is better!

That flu thing is still hanging on but I am so much better. Healthy people are getting hit with this around here too and it seems to linger for weeks so I don't expect it to disappear anytime soon.

BioCranials are very interesting and may not work for everyone but I would sure recommend giving them a try if you could find a good practitioner. They are usually done by chiropractors but I get mine done by my ND. I checked the BioCranial Institute web site and there are 15 practitioners in Illinois, 14 of whom are chiros.

I would imagine that, like just about everything else, the treatment is only as good as the person doing it.

I called today to make an appointment and I get my first one in months in just one hour!!! I can't wait. I hope that my body remembers.

Hope you have recovered from your trip.
    (((HUGS)))Pepper
  11. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I have been dragging today and I can't wait for the weekend to rest. Mindy is not eating like she should so I am back in that worry stage. I am going to call the vet tomorrow if she doesn't snap out of it. She seems sort of ok otherwise so it is hard to tell. From lots of experience I know how quickly animals can get into a critical stage so I don't want to have that happen. I am just so darn busy all the time I don't have a spare moment to take care of personal things like this. I will have Sat free if I need to get into the vet thank goodness. I am so glad you will be able to have your treatment. You have had it by now I am sure. I sure hope it helps you. I will look into that. I would also like to try acupuncture sometime. The problem is I will need to create more days of the week to fit all of this in. LOL I sure hope you feel better soon. My mom starting getting sick at the end of August and was sick most of Sept and just recently started to feel like herself again. She had a terrible cough that just wouldn't stop. I have had several students out this week so stuff is going around for sure. Well it is past my bedtime. No wonder I am tired. I get up at 4:20. Yes that was not a typo. I know I am out of my mind but I have to do lots of stretching in the morning to even function so it keeps me going. Take care. I am still praying for you.

Love,
    Nancy
  12. pepper

pepper New Member

I had my BioCranial and immediately felt some better re CFS/FM. I am going to try to have one a week for awhile so I can get back in the swing of feeling better.

The flu is still hanging on but is much better. The strain going around seems particularly virulent so I am not the only one in this boat.

How is Mindy doing? I so hope that she is okay.

Thank you for praying. My DH is finally making an all-out effort to find a job. I am thankful for that and hope that it pays off. Now that he knows about Prayer Night and the Worship Board and people are praying for his success, he doesn't want to disappoint you guys!

(((HUGS)))for you and Mindy
    Pepper
  13. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

I am sorry I didn't mention your sister's Sesame the other night. I was so wiped out I didn't know if I was coming or going. Was Sesame a cat, dog? It is so hard to lose a loved pet. I am sorry for your sister's lose. I had a rabbit phase for several years and I bought these little dwarf rabbits(one at a time) and they only lived for about a year and half which wasn't supposed to happen. It seemed like every time I turned around I was grieving the loss of one of my furry friends. I told the breeder about it and she picked up Pepper and she said this is a sturdy little one that should last. Well she did for almost 10 years. I got Mindy shortly after I got Pepper so they grew up together. It was so cute to watch them play on the bed. I stayed up tonight and watched a really scary movie tonight called Snapped. I am really wiped now but I don't have to get up early tomorrow thank goodness. Mindy ate more today but threw up again. I was relieved to see that she had eaten more when I got home today. I decided to not call the vet and still wait and see how she is doing. I am so glad you are feeling better after your treatment. I am glad your husband is actively looking for a job too. I will continue to pray for your complete recovery. Is it really cold in your area now. I saw where someone in NY said they got two feet of snow. We had a temporary blizzard yesterday morning and I missed the whole thing. I teach in a room with no windows (boo)so I didn't even realize it had snowed. It all melted before noontime though. My flowers got zapped with the cold but I still have many hardy ones left. I want to post some of my garden soon. I am an active flower gardener in the summer. It is my therapy. Well I must get to bed. I sure hope you are going to be on the upswing in all areas.

Love,
    Nancy
  14. kgangel

kgangel New Member

HI Nancy

I am so glad you had such a nice visit with your mom. I am so happy that the weather was nice and that you all had a great time. I am glad especially for you mom , I am sure that was a great Birthday for her.

I am sorry about your beautiful cat. She sounds extremely beautiful, I would love to see a picture of her. I hope she is feeling better soon

God Bless you

hugs

kgangel
  15. pepper

pepper New Member

Sesame was my sister's precious little cat. She was 9 yrs old and was the most beautiful cat I have ever seen - tortoise shell and pure white. My sister also has Sesame's mom who is heartbroken that her little one is gone. It is so sad when you can't explain it to them.

I am extremely sad for my sister. She has never had children so these two little cats are her "girls". I know how difficult it was for her to let go of her littlest girl.

Both my sister's cats have always thrown up a lot. I gather this is unusual for Mindy. I hope that she recovers soon.

Mindy and Pepper playing together sounds adorable.

So you got some snow already! This is way too early for snow. It is starting to get cold here, rain but no snow thank goodness. It missed us. Buffalo, N.Y. got 2 ft. of snow. Unbelievable!

It is going up to 9 degrees this afternoon (which is in the 40's or low 50's Fahrenheit I think). Cold and damp, time to put a fire in the fireplace. I think I will do that this afternoon.

Thank you for your continued prayers. Keep us posted on Mindy.

((( BUNNY HUGS)))Pepper
    [This Message was Edited on 10/14/2006]