Thank You ALL for your support for the loss of my husband

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dd, Aug 27, 2003.

1. dd

dd New Member

To my dear friends on this board; I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for ALL the prayers that were said, and are continuing to be said for my 3 sons and for me. I want you all to know that I have read each and every message but I have been unable to respond until now because the pain was and still is too great for words.

I just wanted you all to know that I am trying the best way that I can to deal with the loss of my husband, the love of my life. I still really cannot believe he is actually gone and it will be 3 weeks Friday that the accident happened but it seems like just yesterday still. He was such a wonderful, loving and supportive husband and a wonderful, loving Daddy. My heart just breaks for my children...9, 10 and 15. I just can't stop thinking about the things that he will not be around for in the future....all the things that we were looking forward to as parents...graduations, marriages, births of our grandchildren and growing old together. My youngest son, Brandon, told me the other night that when he has his first son he is going to name him Steven David Del Vecchio in memory of his Daddy. It made me really happy but I cried for hours because I wanted so much for my husband to be here for all those 'special' times. I know my husband will be here in spirit for all those times and I know that he is all around us right now with loving arms trying to comfort us but I wish I could just have him here to hold me and my kids...even if it were for just one more minute.

God has been wonderful to my family thru this tradedy and my faith has never been stronger. I know that God will provide for us and he will catch every teardrop that falls.

Thank you again for all your support, love and prayers. My heart is broken but I know that I must go on so that I can take care of my children. I will try to get on the board more often when I can. Some days are harder than others but I do need friends right now and all of you have been so wonderful.

Love to ALL,

Debbie
  2. I haven't been on the computer much lately and read the board. I am so sorry to read of the loss of your husband. I can't imagine what you are going through to lose your husband at such a young age. I pray for you and your young children that you will get through this with strength . God be with you and your children. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    Fibrobutterfly
  3. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

This is the time to start a memory book (could be a scrapbook) of the things you and your children remember about your husband, their father and his life. I know you think you will remember the "little things" about your husband forever but time will fade these memories. (How much to you remember about your oldest son's first week after he was born?) My daughter was in an accident and is severely brain injuried. When I made a memory book, I found it was good therapy. Now instead of being stuck just remembering THE accident, I can focus on her life and what she gave to us. May the good memories always over shadow the sad ones. Talk to someone about your grief and how to handle this. Life does not prepare us to deal with the loss of a husband. My prayers to you and your sons.
  4. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Dear Debbi -- May the God of all comfort, love and grace, surround you and your sons today... and in the months ahead as you journey through this difficult time. I pray that your heart and spirit will be so enfolded in HIS love that your pain will fade quickly. Nothing can replace the dear husband you have lost, but I know that Almighty God can hold you in His arms and love you in a way that no other can. I am praying for your total provision, financially, spiritually and for the void in your heart that your dearest husband has left. Also that God would give you the wisdom and strength to raise your son's in the years ahead.

Even though we may be many miles apart, your need has touched my heart and I wanted you to know that you were uplifted in prayer today Debbi.... The Lord Bless and Keep you and your boys! In His Constant Love and Care, CarolK
  5. angelheart

angelheart New Member

Debbie,

When I look at the photo in your profile I feel such love there and see such strength in you. Your words in your post are inspirational after such a tragedy. Tears fill my eyes when I think of your loss. My own Mom lost her first husband and children in an accident, she is the strongest person I have ever known. I sense that from you also. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Many Angel Blessings ~
    Angelheart~
  6. jacqui_k

jacqui_k New Member

I looked at your photo in your profile a few hours ago, you look like such a beautiful familly, It has taken me several hours until I was able to write to you.I have offered up a prayer for you and your loved ones, hopping that God will help you all through this difficult time and guide you , and lift you up when you are down.

I feel so sad for you , the thought of being seperated from my own wonderful husband fills me with dread, I can not even begin to imagine how you must be feeling.I hope you have strong support for you and your children. But Debbie even amidst all your grief please remember to take time to look after yourself, because as we all know , this dd thrives on stress.

Thinking of you frequently, praying for you often,

Love Jacqui
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

And your boys~ I don't even know what to say....except I am truly sorry~ Your loss is so big its hard to find the right words. Please hug your kids for me :)
    Loving thoughts & prayers
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't begin to know how your heart feels, but just wanted to let you know that my prayers are still going out for you and your children.

If I can help, please let me know.

God's blessings, and my prayers going out to all of your family.

Shalom, Shirl
  9. sandy10seven

sandy10seven New Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your children. Love, Sandy
  10. Kim

Kim New Member

You and your children are in my prayers. Our God, the creator of the Universe, will always provide for His child. And one day, you and your children will see your dear husband. My prayers are with you.

kim
  11. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

My thoughts are with you and your beautiful boys at this time. I read your profile and looked at your family picture. Thank G-d your boys have such a wonderful mother to take care of them and that you have them! I am deeply sorry for your loss and will pray for you!

Annette2
  12. annee

annee New Member

I too have recently suffered the loss of someone very close to my heart - my Dad.
    May the love you have for your husband help you and your sons cope through these early days without him.
    And may your love for him, help you to live your lives in ways which honour your husbands memory.
    Your husband will live on in your boys.
    And I am sure he is not only with you now, but seeing and sharing your'special times' with you.
    My Dad is in my heart and walks beside me every day.
    Hugs,
    annee
  13. wildzootv

wildzootv New Member

May God lift you and your little ones up and hold you tight and give you peace in your hearts.
  14. todayisagift

todayisagift New Member

I would like to offer my deepest sympathies to you and your children
    -Megan
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I keep you and your sons in my prayers. Remember to call me if I can do anything for you. I'll be in CO 9-5 to 9-9, but other than that, I'll be around. I hope you are doing well. I know how strong you are, but I also can imagine what a difficult time this is for you. Take care.

Love, Mikie
  16. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. May good memories of good times keep give you and your family peace during this very challenging time.

(((HUG)))