thank-you all

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by chrimson, Aug 24, 2002.

1. chrimson

chrimson New Member

Hi again, I just wanted to say thnk-you to all who replied to my first posting. I was pleasantly surprised!
    As well as trying to cope with all the symptoms which go with M.E. does anyone have any advice on how I can stop loosing my temper with my husband,(who I love dearly),I know I shouldn't, but it happens before I have time to think about it. Mostly he makes allowances, but I know I upset him. He is really supportive and would do anything for me. I think the way I am with him is harder to bear than the actual illness. Any advice PLEASE.
  2. chrimson

chrimson New Member

Hi again, I just wanted to say thnk-you to all who replied to my first posting. I was pleasantly surprised!
    As well as trying to cope with all the symptoms which go with M.E. does anyone have any advice on how I can stop loosing my temper with my husband,(who I love dearly),I know I shouldn't, but it happens before I have time to think about it. Mostly he makes allowances, but I know I upset him. He is really supportive and would do anything for me. I think the way I am with him is harder to bear than the actual illness. Any advice PLEASE.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Chrimson, sorry I missed your first post.

As for that temper business, well I try counting to ten before I answer my husband. That usually gives me time to tone down my tart reply!

I have had the bad temper before the FM, but I think its the frustration of the illness and all that it steals from our lives that makes matters worst.

My husband is very supportive too, and does everything possible to make things easier for me, but I just lose it and that sharp tongue justs gets out of control sometimes.

Hope you get in under control, its not their fault we are ill, but I guess we just lash out sometimes.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

First of all, give yourself a break here. It's natural to be a little off-kilter when being dx'd with a strange & bizarre syndrome. Not to mention, you haven't started (or are just starting) a treatment plan & it's going to take a little time to start feeling better.

My husband is also very supportive. During and after the PMS from H... this month, I apologized over and over for my snappiness. When you are in a calm frame of mind, explain to your husband that you are feeling frustrated with yourself b/c you keep loosing your temper with him, and to just try to hang in there while your treatment starts to work and let him know you do appreciate his support.

For me, (I have both), the sleep issue is the main symptom I'm trying to control, because anyone who does not get the proper rest will be irritable along with the overwhelming fatigue. What is making you feel the worst? i.e..pains in legs, pain all over, fatigue?? Then talk to your dr. about how you're going to attack these problems.

There are some excellent articles on the library and advice from members on all sorts of symptoms. Do a search message here or at the library, and see what has (or has not) seemed to work for the majority of people.

Remember too, you're only hurting yourself more by getting upset...it's something I'm still working on, but we must fight to stay calm...if we fail (& sometimes we will-we're human), then we definitely don't need to beat ourselves up afterwards,,,it only makes us worse.

Best wishes and keep us posted on how your doing. Michele