Thank You Everyone I got SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Mar 1, 2007.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thank you everyone for all your tips and hints. I got it on my second try. I was going to call today, since they already got things lost once. But first I checked my bank account and there was money from Soc Security. I'm so excited and I don't feel like it's real. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the hearing and pay for a lawyer.

It definately helped the second time to send it something from my main doctor. She filled out a 6-page document specifically for CFS. I got it from a lawyers office. It specificially asked for my limitations.

2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Good for you. Now you can give the rest of us pointers.
  3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Thank you,

I filed for CFS, Fibro and IC (although I could work with just IC).

I really think te papers from my old FFC doctor were the factor. They really said I couldn't sit or stand for more than 15 minutes without dizzyness. They said I couldn't work at all, and that I can't lift anything due to an old back injury.

I was highly detailed. I took the advice that you fill everything out like it's your worst day. So pretty much I detailed how I could only lay in bed, slept a lot. Husband does all the household chores (which is true all the time).
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

Congrats!!! How long total did it take? I have just applied for SSDI. I have an appointment on Friday, 3/9. I have a functional capacity form filled out by my PCP detailing, like you said, that I can stand or walk no more than a total of 2 hours per day and that I can sit "about" 2 hours per day.

I'm filing based on FM/CFS with extreme dizziness, weakness, and fatigue.

TerryS
  5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Congrats!!
    Now go out and celebrate!
    Mini
  6. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I wish I could go out and celebrate. Too bad I feel so ill and am laying on the couch.

I so thought because of my age, 29, it would take me at least one hearing. But it took me about 14 months.

Make sure you get documentation from a doctor. I paid $200 for their time but it was worth it now.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2007]
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Love to see these posts! I'm so happy for you!

Hugs,
    Pam
  8. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

the 6-page document was made specifically by a lawyer. I got one for CFS and one for Fibro. Maybe I will scan it and try to e-mail it people want it. Don't know how good it will scan.

IC is interstitial cystitis, it's a condition of the bladder that is recognized by SSD.