Thank You Everyone I got SSD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LISALOO, Mar 1, 2007.

LISALOO New Member

Thank you everyone for all your tips and hints. I got it on my second try. I was going to call today, since they already got things lost once. But first I checked my bank account and there was money from Soc Security. I'm so excited and I don't feel like it's real. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the hearing and pay for a lawyer.

It definately helped the second time to send it something from my main doctor. She filled out a 6-page document specifically for CFS. I got it from a lawyers office. It specificially asked for my limitations.

2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Good for you. Now you can give the rest of us pointers.

LISALOO New Member

Thank you,

I filed for CFS, Fibro and IC (although I could work with just IC).

I really think te papers from my old FFC doctor were the factor. They really said I couldn't sit or stand for more than 15 minutes without dizzyness. They said I couldn't work at all, and that I can't lift anything due to an old back injury.

I was highly detailed. I took the advice that you fill everything out like it's your worst day. So pretty much I detailed how I could only lay in bed, slept a lot. Husband does all the household chores (which is true all the time).
  4. TerryS

TerryS Member

Congrats!!! How long total did it take? I have just applied for SSDI. I have an appointment on Friday, 3/9. I have a functional capacity form filled out by my PCP detailing, like you said, that I can stand or walk no more than a total of 2 hours per day and that I can sit "about" 2 hours per day.

I'm filing based on FM/CFS with extreme dizziness, weakness, and fatigue.

5. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Now go out and celebrate!

LISALOO New Member

I wish I could go out and celebrate. Too bad I feel so ill and am laying on the couch.

I so thought because of my age, 29, it would take me at least one hearing. But it took me about 14 months.

Make sure you get documentation from a doctor. I paid $200 for their time but it was worth it now.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/01/2007]
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Love to see these posts! I'm so happy for you!

LISALOO New Member

the 6-page document was made specifically by a lawyer. I got one for CFS and one for Fibro. Maybe I will scan it and try to e-mail it people want it. Don't know how good it will scan.

IC is interstitial cystitis, it's a condition of the bladder that is recognized by SSD.

[ advertisement ]