thank you for prayers

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lilaclover30, May 27, 2009.

1. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

My wonderdful hubby went to God peacefully on Sun., May 17 with myself, our three children and spouses by his side. We remained at his side for another hour, saying that he was loved and rubbing his arm.

Visitation and last viewing was on Last Wed. - my, he looked so at peace and so handsome! It was so difficult to leave.

The service was the following day in our church with granddaughter singing such a tribute - Does anyone know "Another Soldier's Coming Home"? Our choir sang that last part of Gaither's cantata "Alleluia" - which we had performed 20 times over 2 summers and he was a "groupie." So lovely a tribute to my sweetheart.

Both days were so beautiful and sunny.

Mon. for the first time in 2 wks I was home alone. I was soooo very tired and the day was gloomy but it was good for me. I was so tired and didn't really realize it.I have been doing things slowly each day and then writing personal notes to the dear friends who brought food to our home. Now for the short notes for memorials and flowers!

The past 2 1/2 weeks hae been unreal and sometime it will higt me that this is real.

I still need your prayers and I do thank all of my dear friends here for prayers. You are wonderful.

Love to all,

Joan
  2. lynncats

lynncats New Member

You and your family are with me at this difficult time.

LOVE AND HUGS

LYNN
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

dear Joan,

I have very little time now to write as we are getting ready to go out of town for the weekend.

Thanks so much for letting us know you are OK and about the death of your DH. I am so glad that you have had a lot of family support. Please know we are still thinking and praying for your continued support and solace.

Please come visit us on the Porch when you feel up to it. They would all love to hear from you.

Continued love and blessings,

Granni

4. springwater

springwater Active Member

Thank you for letting us know how things are getting along.

Praying the the process of healing and recovery from your loss is swift. Like Granni said, pls come by the porch when you can.

God Bless
  5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will be praying for you and yours.
    Cynthia