Thank you for reply

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by igiveup, Oct 26, 2003.

1. igiveup

igiveup New Member

I don't under stand where I go to send a reply to you ,, thank you for taking the time ,, yes its not funny is it ,,, sorry to hear about your mom you are still so young to be going thru this ,, I don't work anymore but my phone here rings many many times from mother ,, I need to stop saying poor poor me ,, or God will punish me more then he has ,, I'm told it could be worse ,, have you heard that from others ,, yes it could I answer ,,,in life we all have to carry a cross ,,some are just heavier then others and God doesn't give us more then what we can handle ,, I hear ,, live isn't easy ,, thanks again ,,
  2. Raeb

Raeb New Member

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I understand exactly what you are going through. Just try to be easier on yourself and lower your expectations of what you think you should be able to handle. People in our circumstances tend to take things very seriously which blocks us from seeing the joys in our lives even if they are small joys.

I have to remind myself all the time to slow down and relax as it seems even when I have a few minutes to rest, I fill it with something to do. That is why I think my body is feeling really tired (CFIDS). My body is telling me that I need to learn to relax and take better care of myself. When I do this, I know that I am stronger and better able to deal with my mom and the other things in my life. I know that if I don't learn to do this, my mom is going to out live me and I am worried as to where she will end up.

When I read your first message, I could hear, see and feel that you are close to being totally worn out emotionally. Your emotions are telling you, what my body is telling me. You need to stop being so hard on yourself and find ways to lighten your load.

It was so good for you to write all of what you are going through down and to reach out for help, even if it is to know that you are not alone. I hope you find other ways to relieve your stress -- small walks -- a trip to a bookstore -- a drive in the car -- renting an old favorite movie -- keeping a health journal -- starting a jigsaw puzzle -- your favorite hobby --sneaking away for a hour or so away from the ringing phone which can set your nerves on fire -- putting on lipstick --eating a banana split -- going to the Mall to "people watch" (my Uncle does this, and completes a survey that he says comes out the same every time --9 out of 10 people are unattractive -- I've people watched and oddly find myself doing this, but I haven't yet kept a score sheet!) Little things can help you to reconnect with who you are and what you love otherwise you will become emotionally disabled and you are too valuable to allow that to happen!

Also, I don't think God is punishing you. We are formed in the image and likeness of God, but we aren't divine, and are filled with human emotions and shortcomings. God is there to forgive and to love you if you will allow for that. I believe we do learn and grow from our trials and there is a reason for everything even though it is way beyond our human understanding.

There is a hidden message in your trial that I do see, hear and feel. I see that you are someone God loves very much -- much more than you can possibly comprehend. You need to find ways to take care of you because you are denying your own needs. I hope and pray you do just that.

Take care!

[This Message was Edited on 10/26/2003]
  3. igiveup

igiveup New Member

Thanks for your kind words ,, you are quite a writer and observer , you mentioned alot of things for me to go out and do ,,many I can't or won't do ,, I love the go to the mall one ,, made me chuckle when you said your uncle ? was it .. said most are all unattractive ? was that it ,,, I won't keep you long ,, thanks for the friendship and care Pris
  4. igiveup

igiveup New Member

Thanks for your kind words ,, you are quite a writer and observer , you mentioned alot of things for me to go out and do ,,many I can't or won't do ,, I love the go to the mall one ,, made me chuckle when you said your uncle ? was it .. said most are all unattractive ? was that it ,,, I won't keep you long ,, thanks for the friendship and care Pris