Thank You for Suggesting “Calm” Tea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by FibroPainSufferer, Feb 4, 2007.

1. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

Someone mentioned that “Calm” tea helped them to fall asleep at night. I now make myself a cup about an hour before bed and drink it while listening to “Music For Brainwave Massage” and reading a book. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I’m out and no side effects the next day!!!

Thank you so much!!!
  2. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

i wasn't the one who mentioned it, but i've been using it. I read a thread here about, and was skeptical, but it worked like a charm. For a Tea, its amazing how "Calm" it makes you. It might take a half hour, but it works. I love it
  3. FibroPainSufferer

I was skeptical too but we get so desperate sometimes since our doctor won’t help us, that we have to find alternatives.
  4. Diva55

Diva55 New Member

I wanted to try Calm Tea but don't have a Starbucks nearby & they don't sell it on the UK site.

So I mailed them to ask why they didn't sell products on the UK site. Well they just don't!

BUT they asked for my address and sent me some samples! Not only of Calm but their other teas as well. About 20 sachets in total. Very sweet, I thought.
  5. FibroPainSufferer

When I went into Starbucks I just figured it was made by them. Instead, it’s called “Tazo”. My grocery store sells this brand but did not have “Calm” unfortunately!

On the box it gives the following information:

Tazo
    PO Box 66
    Portland, Oregon

www.tazo.com

I haven’t checked out the website but I hope this information helps anyone who’s interested in trying it.
  6. roge

roge Member

Hi,

what are the ingredients?

Does it help more with fallling asleep or staying asleep and maybe getting deeper sleep we all despertately need.

Thanks
  7. roge

roge Member

ok, i will goto website...thx
  8. FibroPainSufferer

I’ve only been using it for about 5 days now but it helps me to fall asleep faster and stay asleep. I feel like I’m getting a deeper sleep with it.

Roge, I hope it helps!!
  9. FibroPainSufferer

I’m always on here trying to find things that have helped others in the hopes that it will help me. I also too am very happy when I can recommend something that works for others. I think that’s one of the reasons why we are all here!

I do have a question for you...have you ever tried it during the day to relax? I haven’t been able to try it during the day because I’m either at work or have something I need to do where I can’t take a nap.

I would greatly appreciate it if you can give me any info on drinking it during the day!!!

Thank you so much again!!! The girl in Starbucks told me she drinks it before bed also.
  10. FibroPainSufferer

So far I haven’t had a day when I can try it during the day. I always have things to do but that’s my plan for the next day I have when it doesn’t matter if I take a nap.

Thanks again!!!
  11. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

THANKS for posting this!!! I hadn't even heard about the Calm tea. I guess I missed the posts on that so I am glad that fibropainsufferer posted the thank you.

I am SOOOO going to get some of this. I drink regular chamomile sometimes before bed and notice that it helps but this calm tea sound great.

Take Care,
    Pam
  12. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I only have CFS but in addition to using this at bedtime I have drunk it when I suffer "sensory overload" and I do believe it helps without making me sleepy.

Shar
  13. FibroPainSufferer

I am so glad I was able to help! It was WakeMeUp who originally posted the “Calm” tea. I am so grateful to her!!! The tea not only has chamomile flowers, it also contains hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, lemongrass, rose petals, blackberry leaves, etc…

Thank you once again to WakeMeUp for sharing this tea with all of us!!!

I mentioned that I listen to “Music For Brainwave Massage” by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson. I think this CD also helps me to relax while drinking the tea & reading a book. I would recommended this CD to all!
  14. ulala

ulala New Member

Calm™ Filterbags by Tazo Tea
    Item Size: Two 24-piece Boxes

A delicate blend of chamomile blossoms and other soothing herbs, Tazo® Calm™ is made with Egyptian chamomile blossoms blended with fragrant lemon balm leaf from Eastern Europe. Pink rose petals from Morocco impart a light, spicy taste that enhances the apple-like flavor of chamomile.

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers, hibiscus flowers, spearmint leaves, lemongrass, rose petals, blackberry leaves, safflowers, peppermint leaves, sarsaparilla root, lemon balm leaf, licorice root and natural flavors.

Tazo® was created for one purpose: to reinvent tea and the tea experience. By using high quality ingredients and a tremendous amount of experience and creativity, Tazo® has produced unique products that create an emotional connection with the consumer at many levels. Tazo® continues to expose consumers to the ancient traditions of tea, but presents this in a way that is bold, interesting and intriguing.

Unlike other tea companies, Tazo® purchases teas in their original container as packed at the garden to ensure the tea inside the chest or bag stays garden fresh and is not exposed to the heat and moisture in a blending facility at one of the tea shipping points.

The blending process is a very subtle art form that relies on subjective measurement of taste, color and aroma. Tazo® constantly taste and determine which teas will go in which blend in what percentage, so flavor profiles remain consistent and of the highest quality possible.

The name Tazo® has roots in many civilizations. Tazo actually means "river of life" in the Romany Gypsy language and was used as a toast to life by ancient Greeks. Tazo also means "fresh" in several Hindi dialects. In ancient Babylonia, Tazo was a rejuvenating elixir thought to have magical properties.

Tazo® is kosher certified by KSA.
  15. FibroPainSufferer

Desertsage, Good luck with your trial!!! I don’t know if you suffer from anxiety, but something like that would have my anxiety through the roof. It doesn’t take much for me to get nervous! I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers! You’ll have to let us all know how you make out!!!

Ulala, thanks for the additional information! Have you tried the tea or did you just go on the website to check it out?

I hope you are both feeling well!!! I’m drinking my tea right now :)
  16. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

Another trick I've learned from this board is l-theanine. It's an amino acid. One pill, preferably on an empty stomach, has quite a calming effect on me.
  17. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

My experience with this tea makes me think that it raises seretonin levels in the brain. So please be careful if you are taking an SSRI or 5-HTP already.

Forebearance
  18. sues1

sues1 New Member

Where they have their herbal teas.....If they do not have it they might order it. Lots of times stores will order in such. It is a good tasting tea also.

Good Luck................Blessings, Susan
  19. OptimusUndead

OptimusUndead Member

sues1

check your grocery stores 02/04/07 10:51 PM

Where they have their herbal teas.....If they do not have it they might order it. Lots of times stores will order in such. It is a good tasting tea also.

this is true.. i got it at Shoprite... ^_^
  20. ulala

ulala New Member

I did try it at Starbucks. I just bought one Calm teabag for .45 cents. For me I didn't seem to feel anything from drinking it.

I usually drink Sleepytime Tea at night or Hibiscus Tea, which is my favorite. Have you tried it? I was in Geneva, Switzerland and my aunt made some hibiscus tea. It's a beautiful light cranberry color, tastes great and is relaxing for me. Sometimes I mix it with a peppermint tea bag and that is the best!

Let me know if you try the hibiscus. I noticed that hibiscus is the second ingredient is Super Dieter's Tea. It does seem to supress my sweet cravings at night.

Best wishes!