thank you for your prayers, an update

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by griswoldgirl, Mar 11, 2002.

1. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

My husband and I have drifted apart over the last few years. He choses to work out of town because the money is so good. He is a ct technologist and does contract work.

With him not around full time, I seem to "pass the baton" so to speak and let down my push in life and relinquish the kids to his care and try and rest.

Unfortunately what we fight about the most is my lack of energy when he is here and the energy i seem to show(over the phone) when he is not. He takes that personally and feels that I so not want to be around him. Unfortuantely it is true lately-when he is gone on the weekends he calls me every day telling me to rest and hates that I am so involved with my church. He thinks that I should rest on Sundays so I am ready to spend time with him when he comes home. He feels if I would just do__________ right I would be well. I feel sometimes that he thinks I have fms and osteo on purpose, because i do not follow his instructions. He shows his frustration with me and disappointment on a daily basis and I am tired of it

Guys over the years I have learned to listen to my body. I have just returned to work full time ag=fter cspine fushion surgery and my energy bank is very low.

During the week our life is full with music lessons, soccer practice and basball and boy scouts. Our kids are very active in sports and scouts. After all of this is tended to there is not much of me left.

I cannot go without going to church on Sunday, God is the main reason I am verticle and have the energy to work and handle raising the kids.

Please pray for devine intervention and more understanding on his part of me and this DD

thank you

Cathy
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 03/12/2002]
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Cathy, I have already prayed for your request, and added you to my prayer list for daily prayer.

It took my husband some time to understand my illness, but now that the children are grown, and I simply had to give up the church work, I think he can see now that I was in terrible pain,plus all else that goes with this illness.

He also works out of town a lot, he is a Chief Engineer on a vessel that lay underwater pipe lines for the oil companies. He is gone like two weeks, and is home two weeks, or gone a month and home a month. The bottom line is that he is away from home six months out of a year.

Many times when he came home, he though I didn't want him home,(he calls me every day, and like you I must sound great on the phone! he thinks I am just fine as long as he is not here!) it was because being alone, I had less to do and didn't flare as often. But when he is here I get sick frequently! We solved that, if we have a lot of shopping to do, he does it and I stay home (conserve my energy), and he also took over the cooking when he is here, and the cleaning of the floors (which kills me).

We are both serious Christians, so prayer has helped the most with this.

I can relate to some of what you said, and will pray accordingly.

God bless, and be assure of my sincere prayers for you and your family.

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 03/11/2002]
  3. SOULWRITER

SOULWRITER New Member

I HOPE THAT ALL GOES WELL FOR YOUR FAMILY I PRAY THE LORD WILL GUIDE YOU AND GIVE YOU STRENGTH HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN MARRIED.

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED SIX YEARS AND WAS SEPERATED 1 OF THOSE IT TOOK GOOD OLD FAITH TO GET US BACK TOGETHER AND IT TOOK LOVE TO KEEP IT GOING EVEN AFTER BECOMING SICK WE ARE TRIED AND TRUE ITS TUFF BUT SO IS GOD LOOK TO HIM AND HAVE FAITH LOVE OULWRITER
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

Hi Cathy,
    I have and will continue to pray for you and your husband to have a good understanding of each other and that you will grow closer and closer to each other as you desire to have the marriage God would want you to have. Does your husband go to church with you or does he not want you to go to church when he is home? Is he only home on weekends? Keep trusting!

Hugs,
    Harmony
  5. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

He is home late monday to early friday morning. He takes the kids to their soccer practice etc and gives me some down time, but gets frustrated when I do not have the energy to go out with him or to the games aafter working all day. i just got back full time at work last week and I am still on the mend from my surgery in december.

He is a born again Christian and that in itself is amiracle. He was born a jew. Raised ajew. When I met him he was agnostic. About three years ago he asked the Lord into his heart. We were going occasionally to the wed nite service but now our daughter's soccer practice is at that time. We do not pray together , but we are atalking about it.

He woke me up at 4 am this morning to kiss me and tell me I was the only one ofr him. Of cours, I was cranky and angry because his soapbox he is on is the amount of rest that I get and he wakes me up at 4 am?????????

The bottom line is we talked today and he is very worried about me and never before has he ever questioned what i do and do not do. he is just scared. When it was just fibro I was up against for years I have always been a trooper and kept up. It is this darn osteo arthritis and DDD in my back that is getting the best of me. Even on oxycontin I am in pain 24/7 and he sees it. So he is just trying to slow me down.

Funny I have been praying for balance in my life because of my fatigue-perhaps it just came to me from his lips and I was not listening. Being a christian one of the biggest struggles I have is submission to him, especially when I have always been the spiratual leader of our house. Well he is trying to lead and I see it as control.

Thanks for you kind words and prayers. Pray for healing of my back if you would. I am trying acupunture next week. Two doctors have referred me to a pain clinic and they will not accept me with a diagnosis of fibro even though that is not the problem right now-this DD is so frustrating.

I spoke with my rheumy today and told her that I am driving home in tears every day after work because the oxy wears off around 2pm with breakthrough pain and I tried 8oomg motrin with no relief and i also stretch at work, ice my shoulders and wear a tens unit. I am doing everything earthly possible to help myself andI find the bouncing around from doc todoc trying to decide who should do something or perscribe something is cruel and unusual punihment. With that she said she would look into adding oxy-IR in the afternoon to get me through the day. I told her as soon as acupuncture and themassages i get once aweek and the exercises i do help or when God heals me which I still have faith in even though I have been praying for a long time for that . i will stop the medication-i certainly do not want to take it forever.

Guys thanks for listening, I feel more comfortable here and able to express myself to other christians is so nice.

god bless

cathy
  6. Sheli

Sheli New Member

I want you to know that you are in my prayers, as is your family. Rest assured, God has a plan, and we just have to listen to Him and follow His lead. I have a hard time trying to understand sometimes, and get ahead of myself and He has to pull me back and have me slow down. I can totally relate to your last post. Moreson now than before I read it. *L* Anyway, keep trusting in God and He will make His plan clear. It sounds as if maybe it is already happening. God bless.

Love,
    Sheli