Thank You Lord.......

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PrayerWarrior316, Aug 8, 2004.

1. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Most Sunday mornings, I wake up and eager to go to church and if I don't get to go I get upset. But, this morning I woke up and was having a FMS flare-up so bad that I could not go to church. Instead of getting upset over this, I just started thinking how much I have to thank the LORD for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Lord,

I just want to thank you for saving my soul. When I thought my life was over, you came along and put peace in my hopeless heart. When I was down and out, you came along and made me want to shout, look up and sing your praises. You washed me in your blood and put your love light on my brow. I just want to thank you Lord.

Thank You Lord, For blessing me with a wonderful, loving, caring and understanding husband. Thank You Lord for blessing me with a wonderful step-daughter.

Thank You Lord, For blessing my husband and I with wonderful parents. You have already called our Father's home to live with you. But we are still so thankful that we get to spend each day with our Mother's until you call them home.

Thank You Lord, For blessing my husband and I with our brothers and sisters, Some of which don't know you Lord. But I pray that they will get to know how wonderful you are before it is too late.

Thank You Lord, For blessing my husband and I with a roof over our heads and food on our table.

Thank You Lord, For the financial means to pay our bills each month.

Thank You Lord, For (Krissi) our little dog, She is so precious to us.

Thank You Lord, For all the wonderful brothers and sisters on this board, I'm so grateful for the continued prayers, support and blessings that I receive from this board everyday.

Thank You Dear Lord, For being the best friend I've ever had.

Many Blessings to all, Judy

2. readalot

readalot New Member

Hi Prayerwarrior,

I am sorry that you didn't feel good this morning, and had to stay home from church. I hope that you are feeling better now.

I really liked your prayer. It really blessed me. Even though all storms are going on, we can think of all the things that we can be thankful for. I am glad that God is everywhere, and that we can worship Him anywhere, and at any time. I will be praying for you. I know what it is like to have pain. I hope and pray that some people at your church will call you, and have something encouraging to say. Brothers and sisters in the Lord need to do that with others. People can be hurting, and it could be a blessing to them.

Oops, I could preach here, because of what I am going through. I need to start another thread on that.

Well anyway, I pray that the Lord will be with you, and keep you each day.

readalot

3. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I pray that you are doing better now. your prayer blessed me. There is so much we need to thank God for, and most of the time it is for the little things we take for granted, thanks for reminding me of that.

God Bless

Yesh
  4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I try to spend time everyday in thankfulness. Your prayer really blessed me.

There's a scripture in the old testament that says, "He who offers thank offerings prepares the way that I may show him the salvation of God".

I love that scripture. I believe thankfulness keeps me from getting depressed most of the time.

It's a hard habit to start but an important one.

Love ya, Monkeykat

5. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Hello Judy,

I hope you are feeling better today Judy and may I thank you for this truly wonderful post. It really blessed me.
    These past cuople of weeks I have have been on vacation and strayed a bit from my daily reading and coming to this worship board to post, but mostly praying. These things really give me a sense of inner peace. But posts like yours really go along ways to making me feel closer to the Lord.

Bless you Judy, Danny