Thank you, Morningsonshine

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by PoimaeHopkins, May 17, 2007.

1. PoimaeHopkins

PoimaeHopkins New Member

Dear little Sister in the Lord,

Your encouraging words warm my spirit, and I rejoice to discover another family member of our Heavenly family.

In my walk with my Lord, these forty-eight years, I have learned some of the same wonderful truths of which you speak. Tis true, in Him, there is no darkness:

NAS Psalm 139:12 "Even the darkness is not dark to Thee, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to Thee."

In the blackness of agony, when I feel I am immersed in a liquid pool of pain from head to toe, the Spirit of God reminds me:

NAS Psalm 18:28 "For Thou dost light my lamp; The LORD my God illumines my darkness."

It is at these times that He illumines my mind with understanding of His precious Word. It is when I am at my end - physically - that He reminds me that I am not merely a physical being, but that in fact:

NAS Colossians 3:4 "When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory."

My times of least pain or (believe it or not) no pain at all is when I am totally focused on Christ. This happens each time I am either preaching or teaching as Pastor of a little church named Grace Community Church, or in the little Bible Institute that I started six years ago. The church is made up ranching families - just good ole' plain salt-of-the-earth type folks, who don't know better than to take the Lord at His Word and love a broken-up old man of God like me. They pray for me constantly because they know I need it.

It takes me longer to get to that almost pain-free state when I am interceding, because I have to wrestle more on the physical plane it seems. But, oh the blessed moment when, in my prayers (usually after an hour or so), I reach that haven of peace:

NAS Ephesians 2:14a "For He Himself is our peace,"

it is then, I am able to mount up with wings as an eagle and enjoy flying in the very Presence of Christ my Savior. This happens, I say, most - when I am thanking Him for Who He is and what He has and is doing for and through me, or when I am interceding for others.

It does not happen as often when I am merely petitioning Him for myself - alone. Isn't that an interesting point?

One final thought I would like to share with you that helps me greatly in the "heavy times": in those times there is a certain "fellowship" which we are a part of:

Philippians 3:10-11 "that I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead."

There is no suffering we endure where we do not have fellowship with Christ! And if to know HIM and HIS power, I am called upon to have fellowship with HIS sufferings:

Philippians 1:29 "For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,"

then so be it. Praise the Lord and pass the pain! This is not my final home! There is purpose in all things - even suffering! And, though Satan/Sin intends for suffering to bring me down to destruction - even self destruction, my Lord will cause the pain in the flesh to make me mighty in the spirit! Evil purposes it for my downfall, my Lord Jesus grants it for glory!!!

Soli Deo Gloria!

PoimaeHopkins

2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I've had to read your post twice to absorb it all.

I'm glad to have encouraged you, for you have encouraged me also.

I know what you say is true, for i have found that place at times. And at times i have understood what you have shared about the fellowship of suffering with Christ.

I don't see my suffer as being from the hand of God, but from the sin fallen world, and something the enemy would like to use to crush me under. It's been allowed for now by God, and He can use it to bring about His Glory in me.

Now those are my thoughts as how i understand, it seems to me this is your understanding also??

I do also believe that God has purchased my healing along with my salvation on the cross. (Sorry, not using scripture today, but my thoughts are based on it.)

Even tho my body has not come into agreement with me on this, i do beleive i'm healed, His word says so.

Does that sound crazy?? I've tried to explain this before to friends and they look at my like i'm nutz, or in denial.
    I'm not, i know i'm still ill, but i'm in Christ.

Seeking the Lord is always the best thing to do. At certain times i'll put on gentle worship music and just sit and rest and praise him, and no matter how i'm feeling physically or mentally, it brings peace, and quietness, and conection with the Living God.

Then why do we resit so much!! I have found this place of being with Him, like you have, but yet i only do so when i'm desparete??? It makes absolutely no sense!!

Many times i just don't want to go thur that "wrestling" with myself of getting there.

You have encouraged me.

Thank you, and God Bless you.
    Have no idea if this post makes any sense. Sometimes i have a hard time trying to convey what's in my head into the right words.

Did You find my post i bumped called, Rough Draft, ?? There are two poem there, not as long as yours.

Your sister,
    Misty

[This Message was Edited on 05/18/2007]
  3. PoimaeHopkins

PoimaeHopkins New Member

Hi Misty,

I have been in prayer over your response to me. First off, though you are about the age of my oldest daughter, please don't refer to me as "Mr. Hopkins." I appreciate the respect it conveys, but Mr. Hopkins was my Father. :)
    Please feel free to call me Poimae, Shepherd, Pastor, Friend, Night Watchman, or whatever else may fit your mood at the time you are impressed to write to me. That seems to be what others are doing. Okay?

You have mature insights into the purpose of suffering. You have been listening well to the Holy Spirit as He continues to illumine God's Holy Scriptures to you. And you are correct, they are reflective of my same sentiments. It was so instructive to me when I was translating I Peter and I came to Chapter 4, verse 19. It reads,

NAS 1 Peter 4:19 "Therefore, let those also who suffer according to the will of God entrust their souls to a faithful Creator in doing what is right."

"...according to the will of God..." ties in with
    Romans 8:28 which reads:

NAS Romans 8:28 ¶ "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."

While Satan, the god of this world, purposes suffering for our destruction, our Sovereign God will cause it to be for our sanctifying "best" and for His glory.

"...entrust their souls..." is a goldmine in itself. The word 'entrust' is made up of two words in the language of the New Testament (Greek): para = from beside, and
    tiphemi = to set, put, place. The compound word is a verb(denoting an action) this is something we are to do, an imperative (denoting a command given by God)it is an order for us to obey, in the present tense (denoting an action that is not a one time thing)it is an action we are to keep on doing - never quit!, it is in what is called the 'middle voice' (it means we do it ourselves) no one else can do it for us.

In Greek writings from Homer the word is found very often in the context of the laying away or depositing anywhere of the bones or ashes of the dead.

Misty, when you had your grandmother's funeral, you were "placing beside" or "entrusting" the ashes of your loved one to the Lord. You may not have realized how "scriptural" you were, but that is actually what happened. Is that not a wonderful picture?! :)

Now, to the three enemies of whom I spoke: according to the Holy Scriptures we really have but three enemies:

(NAS) Ephesians 2:1-3
    1 ¶ "And you were dead in your trespasses and sins,
    2 in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.
    3 Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest."

I. The first enemy listed by the Apostle Paul is "...the course of this world...". It is the Age in which we live. The influences that come through the media: TV, radio, movies, the Internet, etc. So much of it is sin-driven! One classic example of this is found in

(NAS) 2 Timothy 3:1-7
    1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2 For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy,
    3 unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good,
    4 treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God;
    5 holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; and avoid such men as these.
    6 For among them are those who enter into households and captivate weak women weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses,
    7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Notice verses 6 and 7: so many false prophets, preachers and teachers enter the households of women, weakened by physical, mental, emotional and spiritual challenges, and captivate them with false teaching. The most prevelant and most popular false teaching of today is the "Health and Prosperity Gospel" heard today. The notions that all children of God are meant to be perfectly healthy - ALWAYS, and that God means for all His children to be MATERIALLY WEALTHY is not only misleading, but is utterly false, unscriptural and not of God! Two results occur from such teaching in the lives of the unfortunate who misplace their trust in such false prophets, preachers and teachers:
    (a) these poor souls continue to be "...weighed down with sins, led on by various impulses."
    (b) these sweet, misdirected souls will go to conference after conference, buy countless numbers of tapes, CDs, etc. and yet, "always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."

II. The second enemy listed is "...the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience...". This is, of course, the old dragon, himself, Satan (Hebrew) and the Devil (Greek). Satan loves to deceive people, especially Christians, into thinking he is THE enemy - the one who is after each Chriatian - all the time! This is a lie! He is NOT our greatest enemy, but he sure wants us to think so. According to the Scripture, Satan is not omnipresent (everywhere at the same time); if he is personally attacking me, then he cannot be (at that same moment) attacking someone else. But he loves taking credit for all the evil in this world. Satan wants us to fear him terribly. You have heard it said, "Resist the devil and he will flee far from you." That is a classic example of poorly handling the Word of God. This example follows Satan's use of Scripture - he loves to quote Scripture
    (a) out of context
    (b) only the parts which he can use to his advantage.

The actual verse reads:
    (NAS) James 4:7 "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."

Notice what he leaves out: "Submit therefore to God." Satan knows when we submit (literally: to get behind and under [that is: to get behind our Lord and under His protection])to God, all that is left in us for Satan to see is our King and Lord Jesus Christ. It is from Christ "in us" the Resistance (Christ) is thrust into Satan's face; consequently, Satan - the coward - WILL flee from us!!! Praise the Lord!

III. The third and GREATEST enemy we have is:
    3 "Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh," - our fallen sinful nature, the old man, our flesh!

In a sense, our fallen nature is
    (a) omniscient (all knowing): the old Adam or old Eve within us (whichever gender applies - and there is 'only' two, not three)knows where our weaknesses are - better than anyone. It knows how to get to us.
    (b) omnipresent (all present): as long as we live in this house of clay, we shall always have to contend with our fallen nature. On the Cross, Christ saved us from the "penalty" of sin, by His Spirit Christ is saving us from the "power" of sin [the Bible calls this 'sanctification'; that is, being "set apart" from sin,Satan, and the world and "unto the Lord."], and at the 2nd Coming Christ our King will save us from the very "presence" of sin. He will cast all of what is evil into the Lake of Fire and give to all His Elect (chosen ones: saints) glorified bodies! Praise God!!! PAIN FREE!!!
    (c) omnipotent (all powerful): when we succomb and obey the temptations of the flesh (our sinful nature), it will 'always' overwhelm us - in that sense, it is all powerful. But it doesn't have to be! The Scripture says:

(NAS)Romans 6:16 "Do you not know that when you present yourselves to someone as slaves for obedience, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin resulting in death, or of obedience resulting in righteousness?"

It boils down to this question, "Which Master do I choose to obey?" If I "willfully" choose my sin nature (for that matter 'any' of the three enemies)then I will end up hurting myself and ultimately destroying myself. If, on the other hand, I willfully choose Christ and obey Him, then 'that act of submission' will result in righteousness! Glory to God!!! It is that simple.

We must consciously, willfully choose to obey Christ, plead the blood of Christ, and continually seek His face when we naturally find ourselves resisting in the flesh. From the flesh, we must quickly jump into the arms of Jesus!

Soli Deo Gloria! (To God Alone Be The Glory!)

Poimae