Thank you Shirl. I thought it was Wednesday! Prayer.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Cactuslil, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

KJVR;NT. James 4:14 et seq. 14.Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? it is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 4:15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
    James 5:15 And the prayer of the faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if hee have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Dear Brothers and Sisters...if these arn't trying times, I don't know what else they could be called. Please pray for each other, including me and my family. Tomorrow is a blessed day of my dear son's birth, he will be ten. For the first time since the day that dear boy came to the earth, he has spent each birthday with me and his 28 year old sister, who now lives with us. He will be blessed, come 7:00 this evening to spend his earthday with his earthly father. I do pray this will be a great coming together for them. The very first scripture lesson I had to write a paper on moons, 1967, ago was the OT scripture "the son is father to the man" paraphrased. My professor (I went to a Lutheran College, now called a University) was a good one.

Although I was not Christian when I attended there, I was a student of the performing arts, I fell in love with "religion" and the lessons I learned stayed thusfar 53 years.

Anyway. I have been sporatic in my participation in these forums. I took the departure of my beloved "Monkey" with deep sorrow and loss. I think being single and having these ailments gives our pets an opportunity to show us just how much they know of humans! Anyway, I truly thank you for sustaining me, William and Christina through your prayers, meditations and probably a few cursings!

I go for my mammogram tomorrow. I expect no problems other than than those benign chest wall lesions which always scare the radiologist half to death! Pray for a blessing for my son who will also spend his first birthday with his father. I will be praying for those of you here on this worship board and for RoseTX, Yellowjacket(also my best friend who has this stuff), Jazzie, Patty, Rita(TeaToter) who is now walking! and of course Nonie and family. And as my son says....we pray for those only you know! CactusLil'
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

the whole Book of James has been a favorite of mine, I used to study it, teach it, and always poundered some of the things this brilliant man had to say, it is a Book, that divides the Sheep from the Goats! I always love the Scripture in the first chapter: 'A double minded man is unstable in all his ways'. Yea, how true even to this very day!

I will be praying for all you requested, including your friends, pups, and Will's friends, and his Birthday with his Dad too.

I knew your grief with your little Monkey, I love my babies like you do. They give unconditional love to us, and like you, I appreciate them with all my heart, and know that they are another gift from God toward us.

Take care my friend, and know that you are in my prayers for your special requests tonight, but are always in my daily prayers too.

Shalom, Shirl

PS, you are a Godsend, if you had not mentioned Will's birthday tomorrow, I think I would have forgotten my husband's birthday which is this Saturday June 15th, oh this Fog! and he is in Mexico, I would have broken his heart if I had forgotten! Thanks again my dear friend!
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2002]