Thank you so much, all of you, Lost my Mom

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlp1954, May 5, 2006.

1. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

I am totally and completely overwhelmed by the kindness you all showed by taking the time to write me a reply regarding the post about my Mom passing away so suddenly last weekend. I am still in shock, and crying at the least thing. I know in time it will get better. I am just so amazed that so many people here cared enough to send me their thoughts and prayers. You each are appreciated so much. Thank you for giving me some strength to help me thru the days ahead. All I can say is thank you so so much...
    Pattie
  2. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I'm glad you have this board to come to, a lot of supporting souls on here. Please take care.
    Blessings,

Laura
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The crying helps to get the grief out. Nothing prepares us to lose our mothers. I lost mine almost four years ago and I still miss her every day. The difference is that I now hold the memories of her dear and close to my heart. The raw pain I felt initially is gone as is the sick feeling of shock.

Swseetie, be very good to yourself right now, just as your Mom would want you to. Again, you are in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I am still praying for your family.Linda
  5. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'm in Lancaster, what cemetery is your mama at?
  6. mlp1954

mlp1954 New Member

My Mom is at the West Rushville Cemetery, tiny old one in the middle of tiny West Rushville. Are you near there? Please let me know.
    Pattie
  7. Bambi

Bambi New Member

feels impossible!) I went to the book store and found a book on grief. I had no idea it can cause you to lose your balance, cause you to be less attentive while driving, cause vertigo and all sorts of physical problems.

The book I found was so good and it was just a little blue soft cover book, but it covered the process of grief and how to deal with each step. The one thing I thought was MOST helpful was that it said if you try to go around the pain or any way but THROUGH it, you will skip a step and later on it will be even harder and you will still get hit with that step.

You might try to find a good book on the subject, I know the one I had really DID help me so much. It really explained why we are experiencing the various things that we are "bound" to experience but may not understand. I know at times I would have thought I was going plain crazy if I hadn't have had the book to prewarn me.

I've made it through all the steps now, the last being acceptance, but it has been the hardest. Some days I still have problems with acceptance.
    I start to pick up the phone to tell her something or ask her something, and then realize she isn't there.

I have had a lot of losses in my life but this was THE worst so far. I don't think the pain will EVER completely leave me but I hope that one day I will be able to feel like
    it's really true and have acceptance all the time. I miss her SO much and I think I always will

I'm SO sorry for your loss and wish you all the best in your healing process! Hugs! Bambi
  8. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Beleive it or not my name, Tona, came off of an old stone in the West Rushville Cemetery. My family are from around there and my mother was 8 months pregnant and was there because my greatgrandmother was being buried. She saw the stone and decided to name me Tona. I was there two months ago for a great aunt's burial. It's a lovely old cemetery Pattie but I'm so sorry you lost your mama.

Hugz,
    Tona
  9. elastigirl

elastigirl New Member

I'm so sorry this happened to your family. I really have no words but still wanted to post my support. It's so hard to know what to say in this situations.

Please consider this a cyberhug.
  10. 1horse

1horse New Member

I am so very sorry about the passing of your Mom.. It is so hard to loose a parent.actually to loose anyone you love. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ..hugs Peggy