THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYONE!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by julianaj21, Dec 6, 2002.

1. julianaj21

julianaj21 New Member

Thank you so much to everyone for the feedback and ideas! I tried the Percogesic and the ThermaCare last night which helped. I will try the salt and peroxide tonight and look for the ZMA online as well. Everyone is right that the doc sould have weaned me off or given me better options. I do need to take a little responsibility because I was aware of how difficult it was for me to sleep if I forgot the Neurontin at night, but didn't say anything. I guess I was still in shock from the misdiagnosis. I am lucky enough to have two massage therapists in my family, one of whom is coming this A.M. to give me a rub down! I agree about the level of which many docs seem to undertreat chronic pain and I am glad to hear that it is now becoming part of the standard evaluation process. I am assuming that it is the 1 - 10 scale where the patient rates his/her pain. I have often thought that such a scale should be used to moniter a person's fatigue level as well, especially with CFIDS & FM where it is a major disabling factor. I believe this (along with the misdiagnosis) has kept me from becoming eligible for SSDI. It is the old, "but you look so good" crap! Thanks again to everyone for the speedy feedback and the wonderful ideas. Hopefully I will be able to keep my 3 year old from climbing the Christmas tree today!!

Take care all!!
    Jules
  2. julianaj21

julianaj21 New Member

Thank you so much to everyone for the feedback and ideas! I tried the Percogesic and the ThermaCare last night which helped. I will try the salt and peroxide tonight and look for the ZMA online as well. Everyone is right that the doc sould have weaned me off or given me better options. I do need to take a little responsibility because I was aware of how difficult it was for me to sleep if I forgot the Neurontin at night, but didn't say anything. I guess I was still in shock from the misdiagnosis. I am lucky enough to have two massage therapists in my family, one of whom is coming this A.M. to give me a rub down! I agree about the level of which many docs seem to undertreat chronic pain and I am glad to hear that it is now becoming part of the standard evaluation process. I am assuming that it is the 1 - 10 scale where the patient rates his/her pain. I have often thought that such a scale should be used to moniter a person's fatigue level as well, especially with CFIDS & FM where it is a major disabling factor. I believe this (along with the misdiagnosis) has kept me from becoming eligible for SSDI. It is the old, "but you look so good" crap! Thanks again to everyone for the speedy feedback and the wonderful ideas. Hopefully I will be able to keep my 3 year old from climbing the Christmas tree today!!

Take care all!!
    Jules
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

The ZMA is available here at Pro Health. Just go to the 'Store' link on the right side of the board. Type in ZMA and you can read/order/ or ask for a catalog on their products, so many of us got such good results from ZMA that Pro Health is now carrying this product for us, at a good price too.

All Pro Health's supplements/herbs/etc. are geared toward CFS/FM. Plus part of the proceeds goes toward research for these illnesses too.

I used their products before I came to this board. They are of the hightest quality, and prices are reasonable.

I sure hope you get some relief soon.

Shalom, Shirl