THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU SHARING

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lucky, Nov 26, 2002.

1. lucky

lucky New Member

your experiences with me about your chronic sinus infections yesterday. It was a very worthwhile try to have posted this message and I am going to write a few words about the visit to my doctor today because of it.
    After all the input I got from other members and doing some of my own little research, it somehow occurred to me that the yeast overgrowth plus the constant antitiotics made a lot of sense for these constant infections.
    When I saw my doctor today, surprisingly he told me that there seems to be a lot of evidence that with CFS this might be indeed one of the reasons. Instead of a prescription for antibiotics I walked out with one for Nyseral for 3 weeks with testing inbetween for eventual liver problems. I was stunned in how much more the doctors are informed today and this one certainly is right up-to-date. I feel so lucky to have him. He is also going to attend a seminar on Lexapro and other new drugs coming on the market.
    I will see how I will be doing and took my first pill this p.m. and it seems to lighten my head already (or is it my imagination?).
    From this experience and the help I got from some members on the board, I really have seen how helpful these 'comparing notes' can be. And with more and more knowlegde, we get better treatments.
    And, if this is the answer to the problem, I shall be dancing out of my 'bubble' happily ever after. Love, Lucky
  2. lucky

lucky New Member

your experiences with me about your chronic sinus infections yesterday. It was a very worthwhile try to have posted this message and I am going to write a few words about the visit to my doctor today because of it.
    After all the input I got from other members and doing some of my own little research, it somehow occurred to me that the yeast overgrowth plus the constant antitiotics made a lot of sense for these constant infections.
    When I saw my doctor today, surprisingly he told me that there seems to be a lot of evidence that with CFS this might be indeed one of the reasons. Instead of a prescription for antibiotics I walked out with one for Nyseral for 3 weeks with testing inbetween for eventual liver problems. I was stunned in how much more the doctors are informed today and this one certainly is right up-to-date. I feel so lucky to have him. He is also going to attend a seminar on Lexapro and other new drugs coming on the market.
    I will see how I will be doing and took my first pill this p.m. and it seems to lighten my head already (or is it my imagination?).
    From this experience and the help I got from some members on the board, I really have seen how helpful these 'comparing notes' can be. And with more and more knowlegde, we get better treatments.
    And, if this is the answer to the problem, I shall be dancing out of my 'bubble' happily ever after. Love, Lucky