Thank you to all of you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TLI, Oct 16, 2006.

1. TLI

TLI New Member

I have suffered from fibro for a few years now. I have had Doctors tell me over and over, it is in my head and there is NO SUCH THING! I have cried many tears over this, as I am sure you all have.
    I stumbled across this website by accident one morning, while searching for ANY information I could find on this exhausting thing called Fibromyalgia. I read what some of you had to say and decided to join, so I could learn more from you all. But I got much more than education here! I got support, kindness, compassion and understanding too. Most of all, I got encouragement. I was at wits end trying to find a doctor, in my area, and didn't know if I had the courage to try any more. I didn't think I could hear one more doctor tell me that I was making this pain up. Many of you gave me the the strength through your kindness, to keep moving forward.
    Today, I found that doctor. When I first called, his receptionist said they were not taking new patients. I started to cry and told her of my journey in searching for a doctor to help me. She said,"Let me talk to the doctor, and I will call you back". I hit my knees and prayed. In less than an hour, she called me and said, "We want to help you, come in and see the doctor". I did today. He was kind and full of information, not only about pain control, but about how to keep the flair ups from returning, with a new experimental treatment. SO... we are going to work together to get this flair up, as he calls it, under control, while keeping me comfortable through it, then start a new treatment to help me stay free of flair ups, as much as possible, in the future. He said there is no cure, but there is help... and that is what I needed to hear.
    I thanked him again, as I was leaving his office, for taking me as a patient, knowing he was full. He said,"Well, God knows what he is doing, and he sent you to me so I could take care of you, and that is what I am going to do".
    So... with all that said.... THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS AND ENCOURAGEMENT! You gave me the strength to continue on... to keep my chin up... and with lots of prayer I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel, and guess what?? I don't think it is a freight train!! ha ha
    For those of you who are new here and feeling overwhelmed and alone, your in the right place. These people here, including myself, will do what we can to offer support and kindness, as well as wisdom.
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL!
    ~Teddi
  2. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Wow what a lovely post. I understand completely what you mean by doctors telling you it is all in your head. It took almost 30 years for me to get a diagnosis.

More importantly I found people on this internet site and other support groups who understand our weird symptoms and our pain.

I have also found a couple of good doctors who listen and understand. I was in shock when I was finally diagnosed. With that information I was able to finally get disability benefits here in Canada.

Since I am alone all day now that my children are grown these sites are my window to the world.

So keep on posting and telling us how you are doing. We are like a large community here and we need everyone's input!

hugs Redwillow
  3. sueliza

sueliza New Member

I am glad you found this website - it is full of information. A doctor that will work with you is so important.

I have so far stayed with my GP, but have been turned away by two other doctors. One rheumatologist said he couldn't do anything my GP wasn't doing and an internal medicine doctor who does a lot of studies on fibro just said no. He was accepting new patients, just not patients with fibro. My dh told him he needed to reread his oath!

I hope this doctor has you feeling better soon!

Sue
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

TLI:

I am so glad things are working out for you now.
    I also had to go through a few doctors until i was properly diagnosed and treated (two different things).

nyrofan
  5. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

That was a lovely post. I feel the same as you do about this message board. It has been a lifesaver for me. Wow, God really blessed you with such a knowledgeable, caring doctor. Please keep us updated with his treatment plan for you. It is so difficult to find a doctor like the one you are seeing.

Lolalee
  6. leubie

leubie New Member

Teddi, What a beautiful post!!!!! YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for sharing w/ us !!!!!I always LOVE hearing positive news------------please keep us posted on how you are progressing!!!!!!! If its not too personal----------what is the expermental treament? ----------and what else are yall doing ???? I understand if you do not feel comfortabe answerig!! Im just always intrestd in finding new ideas. THANKS AND LOVE TO ALL-------------LAURA