thank you to all who answered my request for books re grief

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pinkquartz, May 4, 2003.

1. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i reckon some of the books mentioned are exactly what i want and i will go and check out Amazon.
    also the CD recommended.

Also the kind thoughts from you all, it does help to get these messages....

and i agree you Mikie that with the DD we must all go through a grieving process.

sometimes i feel i do indeed grieve for the person i was almost as much as the loved ones i have lost.

may thanks and best wishes to all

pinkquartz

pinkquartz
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are the person you were meant to be. What we lose in our lives from these illnesses, we gain in spiritual growth. Some days, that's darn little comfort.

I can never remember the exact quote, but it's something like, "Of all the words of ink and pen, the saddest are, what might have been." I know this isn't it exactly, but you get the idea.

My faith has grown because of my illnesses and perhaps that is the plan for me. I am very lucky because at an early age, I just had a feeling that if there were things I wanted to do, I had better get them done because there would come a time when I couldn't. I did them all and, therefore, have no regrets. I just wish I felt better, like all of us.

Love, Mikie
  3. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

that about a feeling to get things done at an early age rather than postpone......i have always been glad that i did do many of the things i wanted to do early on ......its just that i was working on a degree as a mature student and i wanted to get that one done as well and then go on to my new brilliant career !!

i usually go with the belief that life works out as its meant to be....but i have my bumpy times when i want it to be how i want and not as it is.

i think some of the spiritual strength i have comes from acceptance of what is......

i enjoyed reading your reply

best wishes

pinkquartz