Thank you to jaminhealth. RE: Vitamin D.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Feb 20, 2009.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I wanted to thank you for all of the information you have posted here on Vitamin D. I feel bad for ever doubting it.

My physician started me on 50,000 IU once a week. Yep that is fifty thousand International Units!!

I have been taking it for three weeks now and I am slowly starting to have more energy! My physician said that I should see a real big difference in a little over a month or so.

I do not have to supplement with calcium, for now, because mine runs high normal.

Thank you,

Karen :)
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you for being so kind, I really appreciate it!

I am always a little slow to change my mind on most things, it is just the way I have always been - not an excuse just a fact.

Fortunately, now this all really does make since. I rarely get exposure to natural sun light. I basically quit going into the sun over 20 years ago because I did not want skin cancer or wrinkles. I have however, promised myself that this coming spring and summer I will try to get 15 minutes a day whenever possible.

Again, I do thank you for you kindness in your response. I also apologize for any and all of the times that I was, well frankly, rude to you. I could list a lot of reasons but I do believe I was just unhappy and wouldn't admit it to myself and so many people in my life and here had to bare the brunt of it.

I have been working very hard to address this issue and hopefully I am making progress. Over the past several months I have been doing a lot of soul searching and reconnecting with my best friend -- me!

I wish you the very best and please continue to share the information that you find.

After a long conversation with my physician, she is a DO, I am convinced that everyone should have their Vitamin D levels checked. She told me that about 90% of her patients are now on Vitamin D - wow, that sure says a lot!

Take care of yourself,

Karen :)

[This Message was Edited on 02/20/2009]