Thank you!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 2BPainfree, Nov 20, 2002.

1. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thank you everyone!

Gosh...I've got tears in my eyes. I didn't know if anyone would even reply. I've felt desperate for so long and yes...as hard as it is for me to admit it, depressed.

I do fight it and myself constantly. I think as one of you said I just need to accept my body, "BUT I DON"T WANT TOO" Boo-Hoo, cry, cry....I want to be NORMAL, HEALTHY, ENERGETIC, HAPPY.

I can't tell you how much your reply's mean to me. Just to hear from others who know EXACTLY how I feel is awesome. It's embarassing when you don't want to leave the house or go shopping or even be around anyone except your own family.
    I think what I fear is the expectation from others.

BTW: I definately do agree there has GOT to be some link between this syndrome and nurses! I have known SO many nurses who have developed fibro, CFS and Lupus. I have wondered if it may be due to the powdered latex gloves we are (or were) repeatly exposed too. Over the years I developed such severe allergies to the powder in the gloves with my eyes swelling shut, wheezing ect. that I can't even be around balloons! (unpowdered latex gloves don't bother me)
    Funny...something must be up because the hospitals in Calif. are required now to use ONLY non-powdered gloves because so many nurses became allergic. Hmmmm...wonder if that's worth investigating more! Ha...I don't even have the energy to do my dishes, like I could research that!

Anyway...thank you all for your freindship and understanding, it's something I have been missing for a long time!!

Susan/RN/Calif.

2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

Thank you everyone!

Gosh...I've got tears in my eyes. I didn't know if anyone would even reply. I've felt desperate for so long and yes...as hard as it is for me to admit it, depressed.

I do fight it and myself constantly. I think as one of you said I just need to accept my body, "BUT I DON"T WANT TOO" Boo-Hoo, cry, cry....I want to be NORMAL, HEALTHY, ENERGETIC, HAPPY.

I can't tell you how much your reply's mean to me. Just to hear from others who know EXACTLY how I feel is awesome. It's embarassing when you don't want to leave the house or go shopping or even be around anyone except your own family.
    I think what I fear is the expectation from others.

BTW: I definately do agree there has GOT to be some link between this syndrome and nurses! I have known SO many nurses who have developed fibro, CFS and Lupus. I have wondered if it may be due to the powdered latex gloves we are (or were) repeatly exposed too. Over the years I developed such severe allergies to the powder in the gloves with my eyes swelling shut, wheezing ect. that I can't even be around balloons! (unpowdered latex gloves don't bother me)
    Funny...something must be up because the hospitals in Calif. are required now to use ONLY non-powdered gloves because so many nurses became allergic. Hmmmm...wonder if that's worth investigating more! Ha...I don't even have the energy to do my dishes, like I could research that!

Anyway...thank you all for your freindship and understanding, it's something I have been missing for a long time!!

Susan/RN/Calif.

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Don't get emotional on us! (Smile), we do have a group of wonderful people here. We are all in the same boat, so to speak, and we do try to help one another as much as possible, 24/7.

I am so glad you did find us, we love to welcome new people, we are just sorry you are sick too!

If you want, we have another forum here called: 'Chit Chat Board'(not to be confused with the Live Chat), if you will go to the 'Message Boards' at the top of this page, just click on it, and it will bring you to an index of the other boards on this site, just click on 'Chit Chat'.
    They have a lot of fun over there, with some great ladies who will welcome you with open arms too, lots of laughs, tears, etc.

I think you would fit right in, and they will lift your spirits too.

Again, welcome, and don't be a stranger.

Shalom, Shirl