Thankful.........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jpswife_4boys, Sep 8, 2002.

1. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I've been having a rough time here lately. I wake up in the mornings long enough to get the kids off to school, do a little house work and go back to bed. I wake long enough to get the kids from school but then I come home once again only to fall asleep. I usually sleep about 4 hours waking long enough to help the boys with their home work and put them to bed. Afterwards, I'm off to bed myself. I am thankful though for the last few days I've been able to stay awake. Although I usually fall asleep early getting 10 to 12 hrs asleep a night. I feel like such an aweful wife and mother, that I'm neglecting my family and my responsibilities. Upon saying this though I have to admitt what a wonderful husband I have. I am very fortunate to have him. He doesn't always understand what I'm going through but neither do I!!!! He goes to work, comes home and assumes the responsibilities that I am not capable of doing that day. He cooks supper, takes care of the kids (which as you all know isn't an easy task). I wake from my nap with supper already fixed. Then he cleans up and does whatever else that needs to be done. I can't help but brag on him. He is a God sent! I just thank the Lord for giving me such a loving and caring husband. Just being diagnosed with fm, we, as a family have a long journey before us learning more about this disease. I have been so blessed with such a loving and caring family. I am learning to look at life with a more positive attitude, focusing on what I am capable of doing instead of what's wrong with me. We take so much for granted. Some times the easies task, things we do each day, we never give a thought about until we are unable to do these things. Now having fm, and having to give thought to these task, it makes you more appreciative of life, of the simple things. My fm "fog" use to really get me down, now, not that I enjoy forgetting stuff such as forgetting to put my shoes on before I go to work having to come home and get them and try to go to work again (haha), I have learned to laugh at myself, take a deep breathe, let others enjoy my "fog" by laughing. Some times people need a good laugh. Why not brighten their day with my forgetfulness. (as i call it my brain farts)

Sorry for being so long I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings with everyone. I especially wanted to brag on my husband, John!

Cris
  2. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I've been having a rough time here lately. I wake up in the mornings long enough to get the kids off to school, do a little house work and go back to bed. I wake long enough to get the kids from school but then I come home once again only to fall asleep. I usually sleep about 4 hours waking long enough to help the boys with their home work and put them to bed. Afterwards, I'm off to bed myself. I am thankful though for the last few days I've been able to stay awake. Although I usually fall asleep early getting 10 to 12 hrs asleep a night. I feel like such an aweful wife and mother, that I'm neglecting my family and my responsibilities. Upon saying this though I have to admitt what a wonderful husband I have. I am very fortunate to have him. He doesn't always understand what I'm going through but neither do I!!!! He goes to work, comes home and assumes the responsibilities that I am not capable of doing that day. He cooks supper, takes care of the kids (which as you all know isn't an easy task). I wake from my nap with supper already fixed. Then he cleans up and does whatever else that needs to be done. I can't help but brag on him. He is a God sent! I just thank the Lord for giving me such a loving and caring husband. Just being diagnosed with fm, we, as a family have a long journey before us learning more about this disease. I have been so blessed with such a loving and caring family. I am learning to look at life with a more positive attitude, focusing on what I am capable of doing instead of what's wrong with me. We take so much for granted. Some times the easies task, things we do each day, we never give a thought about until we are unable to do these things. Now having fm, and having to give thought to these task, it makes you more appreciative of life, of the simple things. My fm "fog" use to really get me down, now, not that I enjoy forgetting stuff such as forgetting to put my shoes on before I go to work having to come home and get them and try to go to work again (haha), I have learned to laugh at myself, take a deep breathe, let others enjoy my "fog" by laughing. Some times people need a good laugh. Why not brighten their day with my forgetfulness. (as i call it my brain farts)

Sorry for being so long I just wanted to share my thoughts and feelings with everyone. I especially wanted to brag on my husband, John!

Cris
  3. Sweetmia

Sweetmia New Member

I have CFS so I know the terrible fatigue, fortunately I don't have FMS too. I don't know how you feel about taking prescription medicine, but my doctor has me on
    600mgs of Provigil. It helps with daytime sleepiness.
    It has been a tremendous help. You might ask your doctor if it is appropriate for you too.
  4. Pat UK

Pat UK New Member

I am always thankful for all the things I can do, I am now housebound although a few months ago I could get out a little. I have now had to put in for early retirement from work which broke my heart as I loved my job. I get up every morning and look forward to the day. I usually write a list of all the things I would like to do however small, even like sitting in the garden, as I know there are a lot of people with cfs who cannot do even that. I feel guilty about not being able to do much housework but I am learning to overcome that as well. Life is still good if you keep positive.
    Pat.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Good to hear you have such a wonderful family life. Many don't have such a caring spouse. I do, my husband is my best friend, and my biggest supporter.

I have FM, but don't have the fatigue as bad as you mentioned. It comes and goes. The longest it has lasted is about three days.

My fog has improved greatly also. I have been able to find my shoes for a change without too much effort!

Your post was a peasure to read concerning your family, I do hope you find a way to improved the illness for you.

Take care,

Shalom, Shirl