Thanks all; re: SOB

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vette, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Vette

Vette New Member

Thanks to all of you who responded to my dillema today. Was so ill within a few hours after post I called my new Family Practioner and he saw me this afternoon. Ordered Medrol dosepak and one of the new antihistamines, also setting up a pulmonary function study. My ex-Doctor of 16hrs, I saw three episodes ago told me to see my shrink, my husband got in his arrogant face, he then said "maybe it is this mold stuff she was working in, I don't know what to do for her". Went to E.R. once for it, did ABG's (aterial blood gasses), missed the first time so dug in my other wrist, the O2 blood level was normal so they gave me a Xanax on top of my normal dose I had just had and said I was having a panic attack. I've had generalized anxiety (runs in my family) since I was a child and first panic attack at 28yrs., am now 43,& a Nurse I know the difference between anxiety breathing and another cause and am happy / not happy (which way could I go there!) to find others who have this problem also. If my Doc. gets a definative report I will let you all know. Just as some of you I reason out that some of it is the chest muscles and my thyroid feels a little enlarged at present also.
    Peace to you all !!
    Vette
  2. Vette

Vette New Member

Thanks to all of you who responded to my dillema today. Was so ill within a few hours after post I called my new Family Practioner and he saw me this afternoon. Ordered Medrol dosepak and one of the new antihistamines, also setting up a pulmonary function study. My ex-Doctor of 16hrs, I saw three episodes ago told me to see my shrink, my husband got in his arrogant face, he then said "maybe it is this mold stuff she was working in, I don't know what to do for her". Went to E.R. once for it, did ABG's (aterial blood gasses), missed the first time so dug in my other wrist, the O2 blood level was normal so they gave me a Xanax on top of my normal dose I had just had and said I was having a panic attack. I've had generalized anxiety (runs in my family) since I was a child and first panic attack at 28yrs., am now 43,& a Nurse I know the difference between anxiety breathing and another cause and am happy / not happy (which way could I go there!) to find others who have this problem also. If my Doc. gets a definative report I will let you all know. Just as some of you I reason out that some of it is the chest muscles and my thyroid feels a little enlarged at present also.
    Peace to you all !!
    Vette