Thanks All!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Jan 15, 2010.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post entitled "HELP"......I am still detoxing from the Vicodin and yes - I did call my doc and I have an appointment Saturday the 16th at 11 a.m. They squeezed me in as an emergency.

As far as the detoxing goes - I am shaky and sweaty, but I am still able to function. I have also experienced a severe loss of appetite also, which I think is kinda wierd, but anyway, I am able to work. I AM IN PAIN TOO though so I'm not sure if I should go off of it completely, but the doc will help me with this.

I DO NOT HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE so I really dont want to get admitted unless I have to.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2010]
  2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

You did the right thing by calling the doc. We are here for you if you need us.

Good Luck,
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Keep us posted:)

4. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Hello, Shari! I was on Oxycodone and Oxycontin for two years, and when I came off them, I found out that pain is one of the withdrawel symptoms. So, hopefully, the pain will lessen as the drug exits your system. It was very difficult to come off of the opiates, but I had an even harder time getting off Lyrica! Lyrica was bad news for me.

I was at a health institute to help me come off of opiates and Lyrica,and five other meds the doctors had me on. The health institute did things to help detox my body like giving me herbal teas, hydrotherapy, healthy diet, exercise to tolerance (which at the time my body could tolerate only lifting my arms a few times), fresh air and deep breathing exercises, plenty of rest, fresh pure water, sunshine and vit. D, temperance in all things, and most importantly, trust in God.

Those things sound simple, but coupled with God's blessing and power, they are powerful! I've been off all meds for almost a year now, and I'm doing better without them than I did with them. I'm still not back to pre-CFS/FMS functioning, but I'm not as bad as I was on the meds. I was almost on my death-bed when I was the sickest on the meds.

Hope this helps; God bless, and I prayed for you!