Thanks for advice re doc appt/student loan forgiveness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AuntTammie, Apr 15, 2010.

1. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

To everyone who gave me ideas of how to approach my Dr re filling out and signing forms related to student loans, thank you so much! I basically filled everything out myself ahead of time and wrote up something explaining what a typical day/night are like for me (& how actually typical is not really accurate bc the only thing I can count on is unpredictability)....also included the Canadian diagnostic criteria, to show just how many symptoms I have from the CFS alone.....and I actually have several different diagnoses at this point (7 of which are considered disabling, and the remaining 8 exacerbate the first 7....yes I have 15 diagnoses - yikes!)

He did not want to sign the forms at first, as I was afraid, but I emphasized how completely screwed I will be if I have to try to pay the loans, and that I truly want to work, and that I also have not given up on hoping that someday I will get better, but that at this point, there is just no way.

HE SIGNED!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!

So, now I just have to hope & pray that the people who review them will agree, but I think based on everything that had to go on them and the fact that he did sign, they should get, they are only approved on a conditional/probationary type of thing anyway - I have to be unable to work for three yrs from the day they were signed before they will be completely forgiven
  2. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

You made it past the first hurdle, which I know you were concerned about, so that is just wonderful!

Now give your mind a little break for a moment before moving forward - just a small 'sigh'.

I truly hope that everything works out for you, in every way that you hope for!