Thanks For The Encouragement

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 1maqt, Dec 15, 2002.

1. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Thanks For replies - DOES ANY BODY CARE. Didn't know there were so many out there. haave still been struggeling w/depression. have been in bed for over a week. Am so discouraged. It is like watching life as a parade.
  2. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

This is a great board and everyone is so encouraging! Are you taking any antidepressants now? I have suffered from depression most of my life. I've been on so many antidepressants! Right now I'm taking 225 mg. of Effexor after a bad depression this summer. It really helped me. I also hope you're seeing a good therapist. It's bad enough to have FMS but having depression on top of that doesn't help. Speaking to someone who can help you is very important! Please take care of yourself - there IS light at the end of the tunnel!!!!

Annette2
  3. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

THAANKS ANNETTE,
    YES, I HAVE HAD DEPRESSION FOR MANY YEARS. PTSD, THERAPY FOR THIRTEEN YRS. RIGHT NOW I TAKE DOSEPIN FOR SLEEP, SOMA FOR MUSCLE PAIN, HAVE HAD NO REAL GAIN IN GETTING A DOCTOR TO WORK WITH ME. LIVE BY CHICAGO, SMALLER CITY, AND THERE AREN'T ANY SUPPORT GROUPS HERE. THE FIRST DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT MOST DOCTORS DON'T RECOGNIZE FIBRO AS A DESEASE....
    AM NOW WITH A DOCTOR THAT WILL HELP. BUT HAVE HAD TWO SURGERIES IN THE LAST SIX MONTHS. CHILDREN WHO WILL NOT SPEAK TO ME (2OUT OF 6) BEECAUSE THEY HAVE A DIFFERENT LIFE STYLE. ALTHOUGH WE HAVE NOT CRITICISED THEM, THEIR OWN GUILT MAKES FOR A DIVISION.
    hUSBAND HAS BEEN DISABLED, RETIRED 3YRS AGO. SO , NOW EVEN IF I FOUND A GOOD DOCTOR IT WOULD BE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO AFFORD ONE.. ANOTHER PAGE IN THE BOOK!
    MY JOY IN THE LORD IS COMPLETE, MY SUFFERING QUOTIENT IS NOW ON OVERLOAD.OUR SON AND HIS WIFE AND TWO CHILDREN JUST MOVED IN WITH US FOR A WHILE. NOTHING THEY COULD HELP,
    THANKS AGAIN FOR REPLYING ANNETTE, I AM SO ISOLATED THAT I FEEL LIKE I AM BEGGING FOR FRIENDS, BUT IT DOES GET LONELY.
    1MAQT
  4. Boysmom1

Boysmom1 New Member

1maqt-I am new to this board, having been recently diagnosed with CFIDS. Having been a psychiatric nurse for several years, I just wanted to let you and others know that i feel your pain and frustration. I have also battled depression off and on for 15 yrs now. I can't take antidepressants anymore as I have urinary/sexual side effects from them now. But I have found relief from taking 5HTP, 200 mg at bedtime, I have gotten the same relief that I used to get when I would take antidepressants. 5HTP is a precurser to serotonin. it has really helped me. It is about $20 a bottle, I think that is a month's supply. mabye that could give you some help.

michelle
  5. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

MICHELLE,
    THANKS FOR THE INFO... YOU WOULD BE SUPRRRISED HOW MANY OF US HAVE MULTIPLE ILLNESSESS. IT SEEMS TO GO ALONG WITH THE FIBRO AND/OR IMMUNE DEFICIENCY. THE DEPRESSION IS JUST ANOTHER KICK IN THE PANTS!I HAVE PTSD AND HAD A MAJOR DEPRESSION IN 1989. LOST ALL TOUCH ,THEN I WENT INTO THERAPY.
    TOOK 13 YRS TO COME OUT OF IT. AND EVEN TODAY II HAVE FLASHBACKS ETC. THE ONE THING THAT SAVED MY MIND WAS THE LORD. EVEN WHEN I COULDN' SPEAK OR READ, I WOULD GO TO MY BEDSIDE AND JUST SAY "GOD" BECAUSE MY MIND COULDN'T FORM A PRAYER. WELCOME TO THE BOARD, AND THERE ARE AL LOTOF PEOPLE TO SUPPORT YOU.
    AM ALSO NEW TO THE SITE, BUT THERE IS TONS OF INFO FOR YOU.
    DON/T BE A STRANGER. WILL PRAY FOR YOU, AS THE GREAT PHYSICIAN IS THE ONE WHO KNOWS OUR NEEDS BETTER THAN WE DO OURSELVES. BY THE WAY WHAT DOES SHTP STAND FOR?
    WAITING FOR REPLY
    1MAQT