thanks for the feedback on nausea

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nje, Sep 9, 2002.

1. nje

nje New Member

to every one who answered me, thanks,it helps to know you are not alone in this disease. someone asked if tigan makes you sleppy, no it has never made me sleepy,i take it as soon as the nauseous feeling starts,within 5-10 minutes i`m better. someone also asked if it was expensive. not really its a reasonable price without a medicine card, with one its even cheaper, i think its around 30-35.00 for 30 pills without a medicine card or insurance,but do not get generic i tried it before and it did not help. i don`t care what anyone says, a generic drug is not the same as a brand name but the pharmacy will try to push them off on you. you have to trust me on this,i have took enough meds in my life both generic and brand,evert time i took a generic kind it would not help and i would end up back at the doctors office. i also read a post on here from another lady who said the same thing. so if you want relief get brand, a few more dollars is not much when it comes to my health. also i have been on prilosec for acid reflux about 2 years now,but i never got nauseaous till i was diagnosed with fibro,it was weird, i was tired all the time, couldn`t do anything without giving out of breath,so i went to my reg. doctor and had every test known to man on me,heart,lung, head etc when nothing showed up he sent me to the rheumy i have now. when i first was diagnosed with it, i hadn`t hurt any,the nurse came in the room and said, what is your pain level on a scale of 1-5. i said i don`t have any pain,well the doc. came in ,started probing around on me and found dozens of tender spots that i never knew i had,it was amazing. anyway after he took 3 tubes of blood from me, he said 1 came back that told him for sure i had fibro. well i went home and still had no pain until 2 weeks later. bam!!!!!!!!! i woke up one morning and i ached from the top of my head to the tips of my toes,no lie. i said, oh no,so i called my rheumy and he called me in some pain meds, i took them for about 3 weeks,they stopped working,or my pain increased one. i called him back and he called me in ultram50mg. its good, i only take 3 a day and it pretty well keeps me eased, except every morning i am so stiff and hurting in my legs, till i runnnn to the pain medicine and swallow it without eating or anything,i get back in the bed till it eases off some,i could not stand the pain if i didn`t have good pain meds,well i wrote a book again. thanks everyone and do ask your doctor about tigan,brand not generic,and watch it because most generic are not the same color as the brand, but on tigan it is the exact same color,don`t be fooled ,i was one time, i marched right back down to the drugstore and told them,you all know that i use only brand drugs, so quit trying to play me,so to speak needless to say that hasn`t happened to me again,bye for now,nje
  2. nje

nje New Member

to every one who answered me, thanks,it helps to know you are not alone in this disease. someone asked if tigan makes you sleppy, no it has never made me sleepy,i take it as soon as the nauseous feeling starts,within 5-10 minutes i`m better. someone also asked if it was expensive. not really its a reasonable price without a medicine card, with one its even cheaper, i think its around 30-35.00 for 30 pills without a medicine card or insurance,but do not get generic i tried it before and it did not help. i don`t care what anyone says, a generic drug is not the same as a brand name but the pharmacy will try to push them off on you. you have to trust me on this,i have took enough meds in my life both generic and brand,evert time i took a generic kind it would not help and i would end up back at the doctors office. i also read a post on here from another lady who said the same thing. so if you want relief get brand, a few more dollars is not much when it comes to my health. also i have been on prilosec for acid reflux about 2 years now,but i never got nauseaous till i was diagnosed with fibro,it was weird, i was tired all the time, couldn`t do anything without giving out of breath,so i went to my reg. doctor and had every test known to man on me,heart,lung, head etc when nothing showed up he sent me to the rheumy i have now. when i first was diagnosed with it, i hadn`t hurt any,the nurse came in the room and said, what is your pain level on a scale of 1-5. i said i don`t have any pain,well the doc. came in ,started probing around on me and found dozens of tender spots that i never knew i had,it was amazing. anyway after he took 3 tubes of blood from me, he said 1 came back that told him for sure i had fibro. well i went home and still had no pain until 2 weeks later. bam!!!!!!!!! i woke up one morning and i ached from the top of my head to the tips of my toes,no lie. i said, oh no,so i called my rheumy and he called me in some pain meds, i took them for about 3 weeks,they stopped working,or my pain increased one. i called him back and he called me in ultram50mg. its good, i only take 3 a day and it pretty well keeps me eased, except every morning i am so stiff and hurting in my legs, till i runnnn to the pain medicine and swallow it without eating or anything,i get back in the bed till it eases off some,i could not stand the pain if i didn`t have good pain meds,well i wrote a book again. thanks everyone and do ask your doctor about tigan,brand not generic,and watch it because most generic are not the same color as the brand, but on tigan it is the exact same color,don`t be fooled ,i was one time, i marched right back down to the drugstore and told them,you all know that i use only brand drugs, so quit trying to play me,so to speak needless to say that hasn`t happened to me again,bye for now,nje