Thanks for the info on the bottom end...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by halo52208, Mar 17, 2006.

1. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

I started taking two Magnesium about a week ago at breakfast. They are 400mg and 15mg of zinc. I will switch to taking them at night.

I'm going to back off the fiber pills to see if that helps. Because I know if I don't get enough water the fiber will bind me up.

I get enough water when I'm at home, but at work we can't have any drinks at are registers. I'm a cashier and they opened a new store with high tech electronics, that's why the no drink rule. So I when I go to the drinking fountain I try to gulp as much as I can down.

I will start with the mags. since I already have them. If they help, I will check with my doc to see if a presciption will be cheaper.

I can't thank you all enough, I got some great ideas. I am so happy I found this website, it's pricless.

Halo
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  2. Rainshadow

Rainshadow New Member

They're pretty good if you eat them rather than drink the prune juice--which just gags me! You might try four or five prunes a day. I just take Colace which is a stool softener. It works great and isn't like a laxative. Which the prune sort of is, by the way. There's no harm in taking Colace every day.
  3. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

I have the same problem. It usually comes with the disease and alot of meds cause it. I take a powder called Miralax . I also take 2 stool softeners and a Fibercon pill. before bed. It seems like an awful lot of things to take but I suffer alot if I stop them. You probably have IBS, Irritable Bowel Syndrome. I hope this helps.

PIRT
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

if your constipated, over the counter you can buy the stool softener colace which you can take one in the morning and one at bedtime. if it is really bad and you need something drastic you can buy a drink called magnesium citrate. it comes in a 8 to 12 oz. bottle i think and it's like a fizzy lemon lime pop, but it will take care of the problem. i hope this helps.
    rachel
  5. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I don't know if this will help, but here are a few things that seem to get me going.

Psyllium husks, in bulk from the health food store. I take a tablespoon in warm water every day.

Cooked beets. Fresh pineapple. Drinking lots of water. Eating a lot of oil is supposed to help too.

Let us know when you find something that helps. Sounds like a lot of us are having to deal with this issue.
  6. cobie

cobie New Member

Try.
    Prunes, Beets, psyllium, lots of water, probiotic, 20mg zinc before, bed stewed Rhubarb, castor oil, lots different veges, ellimination diet if food allergies exist, treat any possible candida, worms,parasites. Magnesium , large doses vit c.
    Good luck

[This Message was Edited on 03/18/2006]
  7. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Or prunes, electrolytes,(potassium salts), water, exercise, wlaking that is, lots of greens and orange veggies. Cherry juice. Apples that are cooked lightly. Cilantro.

Fleet enema to get you started. If you take fiber pills you must drink lots of water with them.

Love Anne C
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

halo52208:
    From the doctor I get an Rx for Lactulose Syrup.
    Works great, but I have to drink a lot of it and at certain times or else.....
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  9. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Hi there, I find that taking one Jarro-Dophilus EPS daily works for me. Keeps my Bm's perfect.lol I buy it here at ProHealth.
    Take care,
    Dee50
  10. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

made me regular for the first time ever in my life. I've tried everything, psillium binds me up terrible. I do use Jarro-dophilus too and it's great, but doesn't help the constipation.

Jeanne
  11. deb06

deb06 New Member

I have suffered so much with constipation and IBS. Herbal laxatives thru puritan pride has me under control now. Deb
  12. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

If you take magnesium (the cheap stuff) it will cure your constipation. Get the 250 mg tablets and start out with 2 tablets before bed. If that doesn't get things moving, take 3 the next night. Keep upping it until you get diarreah, then back off one pill.
    Someone on this board gave me this tip.
  13. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

250 mg. magnesium at night does wonders and it's good for you too.
  14. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

I find that a bowl or two of shredded wheat (maple/brown sugar!!) or total raisin bran daily helps me alot.
  15. onnaroll

onnaroll New Member

i just started having this problem myself. i was on those calcium pills the good ones cant remeber the name fiber for..lol but that and omega3 with all my meds was keeping me normal. um we all should be taking the magnesium so thats a good tip. i have the ones that have calcium magn and zinc gonna start taking them again at night,well gl every one.

onna
  16. ckzim

ckzim New Member

and it maybe not correct...but it works when your just not able to get to the store to get other things, I keep these on hand...Raisin Bran, oatmeal...either a bowl of oatmeal, or oat meal cookies, or my fav's No Bake cookies.

I sometimes just don't want to add yet another little pill, or bottle of something to my already end less list of meds.
    Also...a bottle of water...it takes alittle longer, but it does work. Not my fav because I can't stand water..lol..but I know to do this when nothing is on hand...drink lots of water.

Hope this helps...
    KathyZ