Thanks for the Insight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mstg, Jun 7, 2003.

1. mstg

mstg New Member

Thanks for the replies to my post...Grant you, I get so angry over this thing...Im so glad that I have found you guys to talk with and share. I see we all have different opinions on what embrace means. I respect that and can relate. Ive just been having a bad day so I look forward to tommorrow.

Im still a certified law enforcement officer and help out from time to time with a local department with investigations and office work. I try to give them a few hours a week and at least it keeps me from being totally alone. The only problem is a few hours of work means a few days of severe pain. But if you guys are like me and I think you are, I am never pain free.

I was reading in the Womens world mag. that a herb devils claw is helpful for pain. Has anyone tried this?

God Bless you Guys....
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I looked up Devils Claw (Harpagophytum Procumbens), it is the dried root that is used for pain.

The contraindications are; This drug should not be used in the presense of stomach or duodenal ulcers, due to the drug's stimulation of gastric juices. (PDR for Herbal Medicines).

This is the first I have heard of this herb being taken for pain, but considering that I have IBS, I would not go near it myself.

Glad to hear that you are still working enough to keep in touch with your coworkers. That is a big help for you.

We are glad you found us too, and look forward to knowing you better.

Have a goodevening...............

Shalom, Shirl