Thanks for the migraine info, update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Oct 25, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I took 2 advil for migraine, it did help, it knocked down about 50% of the pain, I then was able to shower & go to my infratonic therapy session, from there I went to the urgency care clinis, my Dr closes at 1 on Fridays.

The doc there did not think it was a migraine, he obviously knows nothing about fibro, he was about 180 yrs old & told me that if it is my first it is highly unlikely that that is what I had. Little does he know. He said they do not start at my age.

He did give me a shot of imitrex, they monitored me for a while to watch my blood pressure, then I left. It was gone in 10 minutes, he gave me some sample packets of imitrex tabs & 1 inhaler of imitrex.

I follow up with my regular doc next week.

Jaci
  2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I took 2 advil for migraine, it did help, it knocked down about 50% of the pain, I then was able to shower & go to my infratonic therapy session, from there I went to the urgency care clinis, my Dr closes at 1 on Fridays.

The doc there did not think it was a migraine, he obviously knows nothing about fibro, he was about 180 yrs old & told me that if it is my first it is highly unlikely that that is what I had. Little does he know. He said they do not start at my age.

He did give me a shot of imitrex, they monitored me for a while to watch my blood pressure, then I left. It was gone in 10 minutes, he gave me some sample packets of imitrex tabs & 1 inhaler of imitrex.

I follow up with my regular doc next week.

Jaci
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I had migraines for 40 years and they suddenly went away. But I was told that if it isn't a migrane that the imitrex wouldn't work. Hmm, guess you had a migranes after all. At least he treated you for one.
    I hope this will be your first and last, they are no fun. When you get them frequently they can really interfer with your life.

God Bless,
    Cindy
  4. Thella

Thella New Member

Glad the Imitrex worked for you. Sure wish it would work on me. I am one the rare ones who has really bad reactions.
    I did not mean to scare or upset you I was just telling you what I read, what my dr. and pharmacist told me. As well as my own experience.
    take care
    thella
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

Migraines can be so disabling. I have never had one but watched my 18 yr old suffer with them terribly - he had to stay in the dark, vomited over and over and he would lose part of his vision.

The easiest solution for him was to drink 2 Cokes whenever he felt a migraine coming on. If he did it early enough, the migraine never came. Then he started drinking them as a preventative. He hasn't had a migraine in almost 2 yrs. He is now down to 1 Coke a day.

As we all know, what works for one does not necessarily work for another but I just thought I would share what worked for him. However, I do hope that was your last one!

Pepper
  6. KellynZ

KellynZ New Member

Jaci

I am so glad you are feeling better - migranes are terrible. I love the shots because they really work to keep the vomiting away and get rid of the headache in a short period of time - My neuro perscribed them for me so I can have some at home when they are needed.

Again, soooo glad you are feeling better - just thinking about you and checking in.

KellynZ
  7. Thella

Thella New Member

Thank you for posting about the coke. My son has moved to the city for university and to cut costs he decided he doesn't need the coke.
    I am wondering if this has something to do with the headaches he has been getting.
    I think I will email him and tell him to pick up a big bottle and see if it helps.
    I have tried everything I could think of to find out the cause. But forgot the no coke. So thanks for reminding me.
    take care
    Thella