Thanks for the warm welcome! Let me clear something up......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Duffsangel, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I truly appreciate your warm welcomes. It made me feel right at home. Let me just say, we could have our own zoo here...we have quite the collection of animals! Ok, I wanted to clear up the "working full-time thing". There is no magic potion I am taking...but there is a need to pay off some credit card debt. My boss knows about the FMS and said he would rather have the "right part-time person than the wrong full time person" and he feels like I am the right person. (They have had 6 people at the desk I am at over the last 2 years) So, I am able to take off early, come in late, or take the day off if I need to. Of course, I could do that everyday...I used to nap twice a day! But my boss and the company is so great, I don't want to take advantage of them. I work as long as I can, and then I come home. I wish I didn't have to work, but we really want to get out of debt, and my hubby works long hours and travels, so no room for a second job. He has told me that if my health starts declining, I will quit. Anywho, just wanted to clear that up, so no one thinks I am WonderWoman! I wish I had the body of Wonderwoman....LOL!
    Gotta go to work,
    hugs for the day!
    Duff
  2. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I truly appreciate your warm welcomes. It made me feel right at home. Let me just say, we could have our own zoo here...we have quite the collection of animals! Ok, I wanted to clear up the "working full-time thing". There is no magic potion I am taking...but there is a need to pay off some credit card debt. My boss knows about the FMS and said he would rather have the "right part-time person than the wrong full time person" and he feels like I am the right person. (They have had 6 people at the desk I am at over the last 2 years) So, I am able to take off early, come in late, or take the day off if I need to. Of course, I could do that everyday...I used to nap twice a day! But my boss and the company is so great, I don't want to take advantage of them. I work as long as I can, and then I come home. I wish I didn't have to work, but we really want to get out of debt, and my hubby works long hours and travels, so no room for a second job. He has told me that if my health starts declining, I will quit. Anywho, just wanted to clear that up, so no one thinks I am WonderWoman! I wish I had the body of Wonderwoman....LOL!
    Gotta go to work,
    hugs for the day!
    Duff
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I just want to say...WHAT A BOSS! Everyone here should be so lucky to have such an understanding boss, if you are in a situation where work is a necessity (& many are in that place). Sounds like there is mutual respect & admiration at your place of employment. My best friend has lupus & has worked for a tiny bank for a long time. Over the years, she has risen from a teller to senior vice president, and throughout those years, frequently her doctor would pull her out of work for a few weeks at a time when medically necessary. Her bank supported her throughout & as a result, she's a loyal employee who has never tried to jump ship for more prestige or pay; there's mutual respect & gratitude there. Sounds like your situation! Just proves that there are great bosses out there who DO understand & appreciate good workers even if they come with baggage. Best of luck & health, Duff!

Pam
  4. Fibrobeachbum

Fibrobeachbum New Member

Glad you found this group. This is a great group of people.
    Maybe we will be happy this time.
    Hugs,
    Ann