Thanks for your help everyone

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by paintergal, Nov 26, 2003.

1. paintergal

paintergal New Member

Just got your post Shirl and to everyone this past year who responded to mine back in March regarding my Mom's diaper problem. I tried the drawstring pants backwards idea and it worked great. Mom passed away 3 months after that post. She died June 21 with me at her side. All of you who are taking care of loved ones will have mixed emotions when it happens probably like me. My first emotion was happiness and relief not for myself, but for her. She was suffering no more and that was the main thing. No tears, just smiles. I cried later when I thought of all the things I wanted us to share in her last days but never got the chance because of her illness. Well, anyway... thanks for everything and God bless all of you. I know caregiving is difficult and draining and time consuming and you don't feel as if you have your life anymore and you become "Ursula's daughter" and no longer Tina anymore and on and on and on. But I'm sure many of you feel as I do that as hard as it is for us during our days as caregivers, I'm glad it was me who was looking after my Mom in the end. I hope I made a difference in her life somehow. I know all of you do in your loved one's lives. Hold on.
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry you Mom passed, but like you said she is out of her pain now, and is in a happy place where there is no pain and ageing.

I lost my Mom to cancer, she was 59. If anyone would have told me that I would pray for the Lord to take her during my lifetime, I would have thought they were crazy.

But I did pray for her release from that pain, and God was merciful and took her home where there was no pain.

I can relate to how you feel, but you were a good daughter, and thats all we can ask from our children when we do need them, be there for us!

You were there and you did all that you could do.

God bless hon, and it was nice of you to come check the board. I did not notice the date.

Shalom, Shirl