Thanks (from the DRUG ADDICT)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Crispangel66, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I want to thank all of you who responded to my post about the hospital putting in my medical records that I am a drug addict.

I am doing good for a drug addict today I have only had 2 pain pills and it is 5 pm.

Pamela
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Don't let those people bother you, the atress on YOU is nOT good for you.

You know you are not abusing your med's that is the important thing.

i was accused of that by my Rhuemy's nurse. I had a hard time letting it go, but did for MY health.

By the way, have you heard from SS yet?

Best wishes,

Claudia
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

thrilled when he found one of my Norco on the bathroom sink. I laughed. No, but I'm always happy to have a spare. Honey, if I was an addict, the five a day wouldn't help at all.

I heard the nurse at my pain mgmt. explain to a patient that addicts are usually people who don't really need the medication any more but take it for the buzz. Oh, I only wish I could get a buzz. I usually just pray for a 25% reduction in pain.
  4. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I was really gracefull and tripped going off a six inch sstep several years ago. After fighting with their insuracne and WC. I finally got to see the WC Doctor.He wrote some really nasty things about me. In his notes of my medical records are only about when I was given pain meds. There is nothing mentionted abbout why I was given pain meds, HE just said that on this date I was seen for BREAK THRU PAIN. And was asking for Narcotic pain pills.

At one point he wrote this Jan 20, 1982,
    " Pt was seen in ER for breakthru pain , she was asking for narcoitc pain meds. "
    Yes I was there that day but not in the ER but in LABOR and BELIVERY having my 2nd daughter who was born 5 minutes after midnight. And not a thing was said about that. Just that I wanted DRUGS for my "BREAK THRU? PAIN.

He ended his 50 page report with this comment.The in his eyes I was either a poor pathic woman who was in pain all the time & I was having a dificut time in finding out why I was in so much pain. OR this was what he thought as he went on to say that I was ADDICTED TO THE NARCOTIC DRUGS AND THAT HE WOULD NOT HAVE EVER GIVEN THEM TO ME AS I REALLY DIDN'T NEED THEM.

So I guess that I am a poor pathic woman who is addicted to drugs. AS I am on MSConitn 100 mgs. The thing is that I am given a certian amout each month and most all of the times I still have at least half of the bottle of the MSconitn that was prescribed the month before. I for get to take them when it is really hot as I get so sleepy that I will sleep downstairs where it is cool and sleep so deeply that I miss a dose every day. so I always have more than I should have.

SO if I am addcited to my meds than why is it that I can take a MSContin at 7am and not take another till 5 pm ? I should have had at least 2 dose's by 5 pm but if I am going to be out driving and have things to do I won't take them till I get home so I am not driving under the influance. I know that is not smart and belive me I pay for it when I don't take them and then have to drive adn are out longer than I planeed on being , I come home in so much pain that I am driving home in tears from the intencse pain I now have.

So your not a drug addict . I had a note placed in my gyno's chart that I was a drug addict. The doctor from the co-office had put that note there when the workers comp doctor wanted my medical records and I was so angry that I had my doctor remove it and had to talk with the other doctor telling him that he was out of line in doing that.

But I do still have in seveal PCP's records that say I am prone to being addicted to narcitcs as I like how well they work for my head aches.

So why is it when some thing works well for you and it is a NARCOTIC MEDICATION that you are automaticly ADDICTED TO IT?

Your not addicted to your meds. YOU are just taking them the way your doctor has told you to do.

Good wishes , and hugs.
    Rosemarie
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm made to feel the same way,..
    so your certainly not alone.

I won't even ask anymore for strong pain meds because I'm sooooooo friggen sick of the way I'm looked at by drs.

I only pray that someday someone with compassion for Fibro sufferers will find me,... or I find them?
    untill then its good ole ultram.
    PS. they suc :)

I guess you could now call me a reformed drug seeker :)

Hugs
    Tandy