Thanks Lisa

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tes, Apr 6, 2006.

1. tes

tes New Member

Thank you for responding. I just want to let you know, you made a beautiful bride:) My problem started over a week ago when I suspected I had yet another bladder infection. My doctor had a urine analysis done and it did find different bacterias but not the one that causes bladder infections. She was confused. But because it hurt so much, she gave me antibiotics.

I was not reacting, so she put me on a different one and I was getting worse. Now she was really dumb founded. She took another urine sample and told me to go on Cipro in the meantime. Just as I completed 2 days of Cipro, she called me last night and told me there was definetly NO infection and she thinks I might have IC. She is leaving today for holidays and I will go in to see her in 2 weeks to investigate. I am really scared it might be something more serious. Did you feel the same way?

I get alot of pressure in my bladder area and I pee every 20 minutes. I can't hold it at all, as it hurts even more. It also hurts in my vulva. Do you get this too? And my lower back hurts like hell:( Did you ever have bladder infections prior to your diagnoses? 2 years ago, I suffered with about 6 infections over a period of 1.5 years. I heard that can sometimes cause IC. I also have irritable bowel, and many more awful symptoms.

I am young....34 and it is so hard with 2 kids....5 and 7 years. But I do push myself alot. Thank God I have the best husband in the world. And now I am spotting 4 days before my period...something else to worry about...sometimes this dd gets unbearable. Have you every spotted before a period? It's nice talking to you and hope you write back with some answers to my question.

Gentle hugs,

Tes
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

No problem, I hope I can help. I went through the same thing, 3 antibiotics didn't get better. I had had one UTI before the one that I think caused everything. But it was 8 years before. I think it did cause my bladder to be weaker. Also, being on a ton of antibiotics over years like I was can cause it.

There is a big correlation between IC, Fibro and CFS. In a book I read it said that 10-20% of people with IC also have Fibro. They're all autoimmune diseases.

Feeling like I always have to go to the bathroom is the worst. I tell my husband I have to go, but I really don't. He tells me to go, and I say no, that just makes it worse with more pain and spasms. I do get back pain, I feel it radiating. I haven't had that this time around with IC yet though.

I do get those menstral heat pads, they help when my muscles get tight. You can also talk to your dr about Elmiron, it's a drug that helps rebuild the bladder liner. However, there is a side effect of hair loss, which is why I stopped.

I do have menstral spotting, I'm glad I'm not the only one. It started about 8 months ago. It lasts about 3-4 days. I really need to go into the doctor. I'm only 28 so I don't know what it is.

Hopefully your bladder is just irritated and it will get better! Let me know what your doctor says!

3. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I forgot, in the meantime, you may want to hit your pharmacy up for some uristat (I think that's what it is). I have Walgreen's generic, it helps the burning, urgency and frequency.