Thanks Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paulwin, Nov 8, 2005.

1. paulwin

paulwin New Member

I just wanted to say thanks for the well informed response you gave me about herxing and mycoplasmas. As a newbie, I have read a bit of the old posts and have always found your posts to be very helpful and well thought out. You put alot of time and energy into this and it is appreciated.

I also read the post that you might have GWI which I am sorry to hear. I will send healing thoughts and love in your direction.

Thanks again, Paul
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That is sooo sweet and I am touched. I'm not sure that GWI isn't the same thing as CFIDS. No one is sure what causes GWI either but the Anthrax vaccine is highly suspect. Those countries which sent troops to the first Gulf War and which did not vaccinate for Anthrax are not having the GWI problems we have here. Too many vaccines were give too close together. Add to that the stress of war and toxic material from exploded weapons and you have a real recipe for illness.

The Anthrax vaccines were found to be contaminated with mycoplasmas, a common contaminant in vaccines. I believe this infection is contageous in it's active stage. I likely got it from a soldier out in the holiday shopping crowds. I was really sick and it left me crippled for months. I was only give a couple of rounds of ABX which isn't enough. Six months is the minimum on ABX for mycoplasma infections.

At the time, I was going through a divorce and struggling to find work in a recession. I had to move out of my beautiful house and into a small condo. To say I was stressed is an understatement. The stress of war is worse, but any stress can make us vulnerable to infections of opportunity.

Even though I can look back into early childhood and see signs of things to come, I considered myself relatively healthy until this happened. After I got sick with the mycoplasma infection, I was never the same again but I was able to work and have a half-way normal life. The auto accident, which added FMS symptoms to my CFIDS, about six years ago was the final straw which put me into bed and on Morphine.

All our stories are different--different triggers, etc., but we also have a lot in common. In studies 60-70 percent of us tested pos. for mycoplasma infections. We can carry one to seven chronic infections. I believe the infection rate is probably much higher due to the many false neg. results from these tests.

Again, thanks for your kind words. I appreciate them.

Love, Mikie