THANKS SHIRL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dsames, Jun 13, 2003.

1. dsames

dsames New Member

for your post re tube socks filled with raw rice and either heated in the microwave or put in the freezer to be used ro relieve pain.

I have seen your post several times but never put it into practice until now. I had had a very busy day, errands, groceries, and getting my hair cut. When I got home my body was screaming at me....

I tried it. WONDERFUL RELIEF. FEELS SO MUCH BETTER.

I have the sock draped around my neck, even as I type.

Thank you so much for sharing this info. What a great place to get info. You should patent this!! (grin)
    Love Shirley
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Some of us can no longer eat on our low-carb diets.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I am so very glad you are getting some relief. Those rice socks are worth their weight in gold to me. I even use one for a neck pillow at night, can't sleep without it anymore.

They are draped over the end of my bed, and the chair by the computer too.

If you like, I put Bay Leaf (Laurel) in mine, it makes them smell good, but not bother my allergies. I have the Bay Leaf growing.

This was NOT my idea. One of the previous Moderator's had told us about this over two years ago. I will be forever grateful to her.

Every now and then I bring it up for the new people, its such a great idea.

They do sell something like the rice socks now, but they cost $10.00! Much cheaper to make your own.

Shalom, Shirl

4. dsames

dsames New Member

I wonder how many times you can reheat them without cooking the rice.lol

Thanks also for the idea of bayleaf, or how about even some poporri(sp) lavender oil is good for sleeping, I hear.

Have a great evening everyone.
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

When it starts smelling while in the microwave like great toasty rice then its getting time to change it! It really smells great to someone like me who is a rice lover.

Just be sure whatever you put in it for an odor that it agrees with you.............

Shalom, Shirl