Thanks to all, but now some more confusing news...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mariac2000, Sep 13, 2002.

1. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Thank you all so much for your replies and support. I ordered the book and am looking forward to reading it. While talking to the nurse from my rhuemy's office this morning she told me my diagnosis is fibromyagia and it IS the same as myofacial pain. I now know that is not true but wonder if it would be easier to educate him or to change Drs. Yesterday mt psychiatrist put me on welbutrin in the am and ellavil in the pm as well as the ulracet and zanaflex.(I also suffer from depression and was on paxil but it wasn't woking) Both drs say the combo is ok and seem to agree it may be a good combo for me. My psychiatrist recognizes a difference betweem MPS and FM but said MPS is just a fancy name for face pain. I understand that not to be true either. Do I just go ahead and trust these two or what? Anyone with a similar situation. Thank all of you soo much. I can't begin to tell you the relief I feel knowing you are all out there and everyone is looking out for each other.

Hope this makes sense cause I am in a complete fog right now!!
  2. mariac2000

mariac2000 New Member

Thank you all so much for your replies and support. I ordered the book and am looking forward to reading it. While talking to the nurse from my rhuemy's office this morning she told me my diagnosis is fibromyagia and it IS the same as myofacial pain. I now know that is not true but wonder if it would be easier to educate him or to change Drs. Yesterday mt psychiatrist put me on welbutrin in the am and ellavil in the pm as well as the ulracet and zanaflex.(I also suffer from depression and was on paxil but it wasn't woking) Both drs say the combo is ok and seem to agree it may be a good combo for me. My psychiatrist recognizes a difference betweem MPS and FM but said MPS is just a fancy name for face pain. I understand that not to be true either. Do I just go ahead and trust these two or what? Anyone with a similar situation. Thank all of you soo much. I can't begin to tell you the relief I feel knowing you are all out there and everyone is looking out for each other.

Hope this makes sense cause I am in a complete fog right now!!
  3. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

FACE pain!!!!!!!????????? If that weren't so wrong it'd be funny. These people need to be educated!

I can't tell you what to do - do you like your doctors?

How about going to the website and printing out the pages explaining Chronic Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia.

They are not the same! I have both!

And years ago I only had CMP after an accident, which was worked out through years of treatment w/ gentle massage, muscle stem, heat, etc.

Good Luck - and, yes, you made plenty of sense! ;- )
  4. jaysie99

jaysie99 New Member

Not knowing what Fascia is tells me that both of these doctors must have graduated in the far lower half of their class. Ignorance such as that is dangerous. Face Pain????????????????????? Honestly, I have a real fear of professionals????????????such as these. What else don't they know? They are, by the way, the reason we all need to educate ourselves.

I refuse too take anti-depressants. I am not depressed and I have had serious, major side effects from them. I really can't comment on any particular ones other than to say they all made me sick.

Take Good Care,

Jaysie
  5. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

have MPS but, I never write that because it confuses so many people. 2 of our docs say it's just another name and FMS incompases enough. Yah, you live with it. We were going to try a Myofacial release program but, with all the places we already go haven't. I said to one of the docs that that thin film that covers the muscles etc. is not harding or thikning in FMS and he said that now most don't use the trem they just say FMS. I don't want to fight it. The records show the problems named or not. I just wish docs would get it toghther. I have heard many like us argue this point and I am not going to argue with others that suffer and now I don't even care what the docs say as long as they help the pain. I am not a defetist but, With the other 2 titles one more just makes people look at you like you've totally lost it. We know and as long as the docs know what you have and treat it, that's okay with me. FMS is now becomeing accepted by SS I wounder how long it will take them to accept MPS. I also had one e friend that only had MPS and went to one of these clinics and say they are cured bu ther estretching this layer. But, if you have MPS and not FMS I would call and talk to the doc and see what he says. Maybe you have both abd they just lump it together. Sounds dumb but, who can figure them out.

Good luck, Kim and Gary