Thanks to all of you

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Sissy123, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I have had fibro for many years and I thought I was nearly alone. I had no idea there are so many of us and the idea that there are and someone to talk to has enlighten me so much. I will approach my Docs with a whole new outlook. I have tried every, and I mean everything. I have cervial problems, low back prob, whole back probs, migraines, IBS, RLS...I am in pain constantly and have had so many doctors tell me "learn to live with it, when they didnt even know what it was they were telling me to live with! I had no idea there is a national awareness day either. I would just like to take the time to thank all of you for being here and being so encouraging to me. Sis
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Don't know if I welcomed you to the board, I have been pretty busy lately, and am on and off the board so much, I lose tract of who I welcome and who I have missed lately! So if I welcomed you before, then you are just getting two welcomes from me!

I have had FM for over 20 years, and have yet to meet one person in real life that has this illness! I always felt very isolated with this, especially when you try to tell someone that you have Fibromyalgia! They usually say;' Fibro WHAT?' with that amazed look on their faces! I quit trying to explain this to strangers I meet, I just say 'I have a bad back', that they seem to understand.

I sure hope you find some help soon, I finally did. I am almost 'normal', not completely, but 'almost' will do for me after all those years of pain and sleeplessness!

Take care, and don't be a stranger around here, we are glad to have you join us.

Shalom, Shirl
  3. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I also tell people, I broke my back along time ago. Thanks again. Sis