Thanks to all on the board

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michele3322, Jan 12, 2007.

1. michele3322

michele3322 New Member

I haven't been on here long but I just wanted to say thank you to all the luv and care I see you all put out there to who ever need it. Like most of you on here know this can be a life shattering illness. I have been in a real bad flare now for longer than I can tell you, as I have no concept of time anymore. Yesterday I lost one of my best friends of 20 yrs,she decied to totally unload on me. Though she knows my illness she does'nt understand it,and has taken upon her self to blame my husband. She feels he is killing me because of he lost his job about 8 months ago and hasn't been able to find one. Yes it is very stressfull but these things happen in life.the attack on him was vicious I finally had to get of the phone.Nothing I said was heard,I guess I've been to honest and trusted someone I shouldn't.But after 20yrs you would think it was safe. I want honestity from people but when people work things up in there head and make their own truth.
  2. yjswan

yjswan New Member

Glad you found the board. It has helped me a lot too. Sorry about your friend, but maybe she is just angry because of your illness and is looking for something or someone to blame it on because she doesn't understand it as you said. One of the hardest parts of this DD is trying to explain it to others, even doctors!

Maybe you could send your friend some literature on your DD to help her understand. If she comes around, try to forgive her...20 years is a long time.

God bless and gentle hugs,

Yvonne
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Give it another try. 20 years is a long time. Perhaps she is just feeling helpless because your illness has no cure. I'm sorry you are hurting both mentally and physically.
    Keep us posted.
    love and hugs...
    Mini
  4. michele3322

michele3322 New Member

I already forgave her,this was the 3rd time. I know people that don't get it have a hard time with it.Hell I live with it and don't get. People who have been in your life for a long time know you and when things happen like illness,that change you I know it can be hard to accept. The timeing was not good and to me it almost seemed it was something to make her feel better.