Thanks to all who gave me advice yesteday...!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AnitaQuiles, Jul 16, 2003.

1. AnitaQuiles

AnitaQuiles New Member

I wanted to come back and thank all who gave me advice yesterday when I had an awful flare up. Today is a new day. I had this awful left sided pain before, and my doctor has told me that it is not related to my heart...thank God. It is called costochondritis.. it mimicks a heart attack, your stomach feels upset, and anxiety does kicks in. I took ultracet, and took a long nap, and I feel much better now. Thanks again. It sure helps to know that there is someone outthere who listens and understands you.
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm not sure if I saw yesterdays post??but I'm glad that your feeling a bit better today!! I suspect that i have bouts of that "costochondritis", my left side only will become very sore at times.To the point where i'm very uncomforable and will find myself lightly rubbing my side and upper belly....right under the ribs!!It'll last sometimes for a few days or so,then go away??? My right side feels fine~(knock on wood!) Glad your better !!!makes me wonder if this is my problem?? take care
    :)
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This board was so busy yesterday, I must have missed your post Anita, sorry.

I do have costachondriasis . I usually take one Advil gel capsule, a low dose Xanax for it. Also a long heating pad wrapped around your ribcage helps too.

Tansy, it seems like most of us with FM get this too, but the difference with this and the FM pain, is that the constachondriasis has inflammation where the muscles join to the bones of the ribs. Thats why I take the Advil, its an anti- inflammatory.

A strong rub will also help, I use; 'Banalg', it is very strong and will help with the soreness.

Something new everyday with this illness.

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]