Thanks to all who replied/leg pains/weakness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by vonda, Sep 25, 2002.

1. vonda

vonda New Member

I wanted to tell everyone who replied to my concerns thanks and once again reminding me how wonderful the people and this board is. Yesterday, I had a "full-body" flare that the only thing that didn't hurt, was my hair!!! That was the worse one so far and I laid in bed and cried..don't know how much more of this pain I can take. I called my doctor, who prescribed choline magnesium trisalicylate, which seems to be nothing but an aspirin. I could be wrong, but he says to take two 500-mg a day. I did and the pain eased, but did not go away. Has anyone else taken this medication? I'm also on tramadol, but that didn't even touch it. The closest I've come to relief is tylenol p.m. only because it knocks me out, but what quality of life is that? I am still awaiting my ALJ determination and the only thing I got from the social security office yesterday, was that "a claim has been set up, but they could not dicuss whether that meant approval or denial." I wish the government would understand and realize how timely we need our decision..no, our benefits. We work hard and all we're asking is is for our money back. To make us wait is cruel and inhumane. Sorry for being so negative, but pain and frustration has a way of bringing that out in me. But anyhow, thanks everyone for your replies and for letting me vent..it's calming to know i'm not alone.

vonda
  2. vonda

vonda New Member

I wanted to tell everyone who replied to my concerns thanks and once again reminding me how wonderful the people and this board is. Yesterday, I had a "full-body" flare that the only thing that didn't hurt, was my hair!!! That was the worse one so far and I laid in bed and cried..don't know how much more of this pain I can take. I called my doctor, who prescribed choline magnesium trisalicylate, which seems to be nothing but an aspirin. I could be wrong, but he says to take two 500-mg a day. I did and the pain eased, but did not go away. Has anyone else taken this medication? I'm also on tramadol, but that didn't even touch it. The closest I've come to relief is tylenol p.m. only because it knocks me out, but what quality of life is that? I am still awaiting my ALJ determination and the only thing I got from the social security office yesterday, was that "a claim has been set up, but they could not dicuss whether that meant approval or denial." I wish the government would understand and realize how timely we need our decision..no, our benefits. We work hard and all we're asking is is for our money back. To make us wait is cruel and inhumane. Sorry for being so negative, but pain and frustration has a way of bringing that out in me. But anyhow, thanks everyone for your replies and for letting me vent..it's calming to know i'm not alone.

vonda