Thanks to all who wrote me and WELCOMED ME!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladyscarlett, Aug 26, 2002.

1. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

Hi Gang...
    WEll let me tell you I have had a very productive day
    I found a book I wanted to get so I went to the mall and to Borders Book store
    I had to order the book I wanted BUT
    I found a book I was interested in reading
    I am only in the PREFACE have not even started reading the actual book and have found that since I had hepatitis while I was in the army got it from the guys that were shooting back then guess a needle pricked me, well, Hepatitis can be a cause of getting fibromyalgia

This will help me as I am getting ready to go before the VA for disability since I got herpes and hepatitis B via the military and not of my own doing.

I was just shocked when I read the information
    So I underlined this and plan on reading more
    I will let you guys know what hte outcome is

I manage to make myself go even though I burn in my hips so badly
    But I force myself
    Anyway...just wanted you all to know that having one illness can lead to this illness
    This book was written by a rhuematologist whose wife contracted fibromyalgia
    If anyone would like the name, just let me know
    the other book I ordered is by a doctor who actually lives with the illness herself
    I figure those books have to be worth their weight in gold since they have the affects and are doctors themselves
    Ok just wanted to add my 2 cents worth LOL
    Love to all and hope you all have a wonderful night
    Love LadyScarlett
  2. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

Hi Gang...
    WEll let me tell you I have had a very productive day
    I found a book I wanted to get so I went to the mall and to Borders Book store
    I had to order the book I wanted BUT
    I found a book I was interested in reading
    I am only in the PREFACE have not even started reading the actual book and have found that since I had hepatitis while I was in the army got it from the guys that were shooting back then guess a needle pricked me, well, Hepatitis can be a cause of getting fibromyalgia

This will help me as I am getting ready to go before the VA for disability since I got herpes and hepatitis B via the military and not of my own doing.

I was just shocked when I read the information
    So I underlined this and plan on reading more
    I will let you guys know what hte outcome is

I manage to make myself go even though I burn in my hips so badly
    But I force myself
    Anyway...just wanted you all to know that having one illness can lead to this illness
    This book was written by a rhuematologist whose wife contracted fibromyalgia
    If anyone would like the name, just let me know
    the other book I ordered is by a doctor who actually lives with the illness herself
    I figure those books have to be worth their weight in gold since they have the affects and are doctors themselves
    Ok just wanted to add my 2 cents worth LOL
    Love to all and hope you all have a wonderful night
    Love LadyScarlett
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You can give the name of the book, just not a website.

The other book you got, was it Devin Starlanyl's? She is the doctor that I have all of her books, they are great.

She has a few articles on this board if you are interested. Just go to the 'Home' page and type in her name, they will come up.

Good for you! Glad to see you are doing your homework. Thats what a lot of us do here.

You have a goodnight too!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. ladyscarlett

ladyscarlett New Member

Thanks for the info Shirl
    Yes it is Devin the book I just ordered
    It helps knowing a doctor has the same stuff we do LOL
    Anyway gotta go work on ceramics and get busy have a great day
    Love ya LadyScarlett