Thanks to all...you guys are great!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joncyn1990, Sep 9, 2005.

1. joncyn1990

joncyn1990 New Member

Hello again to all,

Thanks to all of you who warmly welcomed me and replied to my first post... every answer helped in some way or another.

I actually first found out about the tests I am asking about on the FFC web site...then went out to NIH and a number of other good research sites to see what I could find. As I said in my previous post, there is quite ALOT out there referring to the thyroid and hormonal issues, so I am convinced there is some validity to this.

I would love to go to an FFC center as some of you suggested - the only problem for me is that the closest one (Atlanta) is too far away (can't drive, can't afford to fly...) and I also have no health insurance, so would be paying for labs and everything on my own....not sure I can swing it. I am thinking of calling them and asking if they would do a consult with another doc (maybe my pdoc, who is just the BEST and keeps up on all the latest research)....but I'm betting they won't.

So I'm not sure at this point what to do... I just know that I can't go on living like this. Today is my 15th wedding anniversary and I usually do something really special for my hubby, but I am hurting and exhausted and so am trying to figure out something to do that I CAN do.

Anyway, thanks for all the help and support - keep it coming - I need it!! We all do!! I hope I can help some of you too!!

Cyn
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

It's hard to let go of old beloved rituals and celebrations, but I believe even in the midst of your
    struggles and illness, you can find some meaningful
    way to celebrate. I've been doing that for quite a
    few years - finding something new and beautiful (even if
    smaller and different)so that I don't lose the joy that
    is still in my life. Wishing you and your husband a
    beautiful evening together.